A&H

"After - Match" Hospitality

Do You Ever Attend Post Match Hospitality?

• No, never.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Yes.

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Used to, but not now. (Please elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes - depends on other factors

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
I sometimes take them up on their offer and sometimes don't. If the clubhouse is at the ground then I'm more inclined to go in but probably wouldn't go to a pub down the road. I have done so before though. It all depends on how the game goes.
Earlier in the season I arrived at a ground and was welcomed by the home team manager and his assistant. Both were really friendly and both invited me to go for food at the pub down the road afterwards. They lost 1-0, 1 caution to the opponents, no controversial decisions and I came off the pitch having good banter with both sets of players and was looking forward to a pint and some food. Out of nowhere and no previous friction during the game the assistant manager head butted an opposing player and the manager punched another. I had a great view of the incidents and when it all calmed down I got them both in my changing room and informed them of the misconduct reports I would be putting in. Surprisingly, they didn't mention the pub again and less surprisingly, I didn't go!

The Referee Store
At contrib level it's expected that you stay. I remember a few cold nights when we got into the clubhouse and being served with a nice plate of sandwiches; then I would see the players tucking into hot curry, pasta or chips and sausages! That's when the them and us theory goes out of the window. I would unceremoniously get in there and tuck in to the hot food!! Every time!

Just had pea and ham soup with spicy potato wedges. Had banter with both managers, ate my grub and went home. Happy days.

I have this afternoon served a large portion of humble pie to a team of which I sent the goalkeeper off for DOGSO, with the help of a senior colleague I didn't know was there.

Not sure they enjoyed it but oh my, it's best served cold.

When I'm not injured I always do! It's polite, they team have made an effort to put the food on for you! I find I normally have a good amount of banter with the teams.

For me it depends on how the game goes, if all well then I'll gratefully accept. I usually find if clubs are unhappy then they won't invite us.

I usually go for it, unless I've got other things to do. It's often nice to sit with players and hear what they think and I find they're usually more receptive to what I saw/my interpretation and learning about the LOTG when they're not in the hot moment.

Back