A&H

AA v RAC

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
I'm sure the majority of you guys have breakdown cover, but i was in for a shock when i got my AA renewal through they now want £210 for a years cover(£60 increase).....sod that , went online and got the exact same cover for £91 with the RAC.

The Referee Store
I'm sure the majority of you guys have breakdown cover, but i was in for a shock when i got my AA renewal through they now want £210 for a years cover(£60 increase).....sod that , went online and got the exact same cover for £91 with the RAC.

AA increase my car insurance every year by over £50, every year I ring them up and it always goes back to previous level after the call - ridiculous!

Jesus Christ, for that price you should get a personal attention service from the queen?

I was with AA for 10 years ...every my renewal would come through at around £190 .

I would then ring them up refuse to pay that fee.... the person would ask me to hang on then come back with around £100 to £110 much more acceptable, this happened every year

This year however the best price they offered was £165 :mad:

So I left :D
Cool Story ...I know :cool: cant really Jazz that 1 up:cool:

I was with AA for 10 years ...every my renewal would come through at around £190 .

I would then ring them up refuse to pay that fee.... the person would ask me to hang on then come back with around £100 to £110 much more acceptable, this happened every year

This year however the best price they offered was £165 :mad:

So I left :D
Cool Story ...I know :cool: cant really Jazz that 1 up:cool:

Lol, the end of that properly makes me chuckle!

Absolutley ridiculous price, surely they could give you a discount when you have been with them for a long time. Makes me laugh when you join online and get a low price then after the first 12 months they bump it up full price.....£210 for a year and you might not even need to use them,mind you perhaps the management got to book their holidays next year.....

Check if your bank do a breakdown cover included in your account fee. My natwest one does.

Check if your bank do a breakdown cover included in your account fee. My natwest one does.
I broke down on the way back from my last Supply assessment (faulty alternator). AA rescued me. Found out when I got home I had RAC cover as part of my Barclays Additions account.

I get AA breakdown cover with my Lloyds bank account. Helps keep the overall cost of my insurance down. :)

If youlve got a car that you are so worried may break down, maybe time to change the car!

at what point do you decide that too many breakdowns are too many? Think I've only really broken down once in 15 years, wherebey i need to call someone for assistance.

well maintained, serviced and managed a car should go faultless.

If youlve got a car that you are so worried may break down, maybe time to change the car!

at what point do you decide that too many breakdowns are too many? Think I've only really broken down once in 15 years, wherebey i need to call someone for assistance.

well maintained, serviced and managed a car should go faultless.

You've clearly never owned a French or Italian car. The above 3 apply to all others but those.

In my time in the motor trade I have worked for 4 different brands - Ford, VW, Toyota and currently Lexus. Always in Aftersales (currently Aftersales Manager).

Ford and VW were reliable if serviced and maintained properly, Toyota and Lexus bomb proof. Of the unfortunate (and thankfully rare) dealings I've had with Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, Fiat and Alfa, the stuff that goes amiss with them is frankly embarrassing. And completely unavoidable by good servicing.

Ford Fiesta, 1985, 1 year, 4k miles
Renault Clio from new, 4 years, 60k miles
Fiat punto 1996, 2 years, 12k miles
Golf GT TDI, 2001 170k when i got it, 190k when i traded it in after 2 years
volvo S40 from new 2009 50k (still got)
Landrover Defender 110 300 tdi, 1996 now on 120k, done 30 k in 6 years.(still got)

Service each year (some garage, some me) none have let me down.
so had some french, an italian, and some fine german efficiency.

new year the Volvo I'm trading in against a Teslar Model S :)

Ford Fiesta, 1985, 1 year, 4k miles
Renault Clio from new, 4 years, 60k miles
Fiat punto 1996, 2 years, 12k miles
Golf GT TDI, 2001 170k when i got it, 190k when i traded it in after 2 years
volvo S40 from new 2009 50k (still got)
Landrover Defender 110 300 tdi, 1996 now on 120k, done 30 k in 6 years.(still got)

Service each year (some garage, some me) none have let me down.
so had some french, an italian, and some fine german efficiency.

new year the Volvo I'm trading in against a Teslar Model S :)

One of my blokes went to work for Tesla earlier in the year. Didn't know much about them until he came back after a few months with one in tow. It was a P60d? I think anyway. Absolutely rapid. Nice piece of kit.

Can see massive growth for them over the next 5 years. Not sure about after that though, when Hydrogen becomes mainstream.

Back