A&H

A bit of DIY

equivalent retribution could include a misplaced birthday or anniversary gift for a spouse...i hope...

come on, what did you do!?
Workplace pranks were common back then, you'd probably be sacked if you tried them now.

For the main offender, I knew that he was staying at his girlfriend's that evening as he had brought a suit carrier in. So I emptied every hole puncher I could find, no mean feat in a building with almost 3000 people in it, and in a day where printing and filing was common, and they all went into the suit carrier. She apparently wasn't happy and was finding hole punchings 6 months later.

For the other I did the old finger on power button trick. I knew he was going to the comms room so got there before him and knelt down at a server with my finger on the power button. When he arrived I said something like "thank god you are here, I went to turn off the test server and I've pressed the data server instead. I'm desperate for the toilet, can you keep it pressed in until I get back?" Left him there for quite a long time 😂

The Referee Store
I never check because I know if I forget there will be two other referees there I can borrow from.

Kidding of course. I find myself to be the lender more often than I like.

I used to be a stop-&-check person after going 100-yds in the car, until a couple of years ago I put an old pair of boots in the car, followed by a 2nd hand kit, old flags and a notebook.
Only had to use the spare boots once and no more fretting.

I used to be a stop-&-check person after going 100-yds in the car, until a couple of years ago I put an old pair of boots in the car, followed by a 2nd hand kit, old flags and a notebook.
Only had to use the spare boots once and no more fretting.

I have this too.

not so much in recent times with home working and stop start season but in the past, handy for late calls offs. " Anybody avail " ? Yes.

Back