A&H

7 more stamps and he gets a free coffee

The Referee Store
He knew exactly what he was doing both times, would have been very difficult for Michael to spot, hopefully he will get charged!

He knew exactly what he was doing, should be looking at a ban.

Disclaimer: This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that City play Chelsea on Saturday! :D

I've numerous chelski fans on my FB, most of them decent people. And not one of them thought they were deliberate stamps, talk about rose tinted glasses.

I thought he knew exactly what he was doing, dirty bas***d, and a bit dissapointed that none of the officials picked up a single one of them.

it is fair enough mr oliver not spotting them i suppose, where were the ar on that half of the pitch and the 4th official looking

For the on-field officials, the incidents are nigh on impossible to detect as deliberate stamps. Only the advancement of super slo-mo HD camera technology and repeated replays can shed much light on the matter. Even then, Costa's actions are open to debate. The review panel will do their job and he'll be punished accordingly.

Ask yourself this, if the roles were reversed would you be so vociferous in castigating either Can or Skrtel?

Costa is a wonderful footballer who is an inspiration and role model both on and off the pitch. His honesty and sportsmanship is second to none and he's a nice bloke as well. Skrtel and Can should be ashamed for deliberately placing their legs where they did to try and damage Costa's reputation and should face long bans from the FA

I'm a Chelsea fan haha.

Slow-mo always makes things look worse in my opinion.
Having said that the first one seemed deliberate, second one not completely sure on - would have to watch in real time.

He's appealing it. Which says everything you need to know about the attitude at CFC.
How this man has made it this far without a retrospective ban is amazing. Hope they send the Soho Circus a thank you card if they win anything.
Michael Oliver's fine season continues

I'm a Chelsea fan haha.

Slow-mo always makes things look worse in my opinion.
Having said that the first one seemed deliberate, second one not completely sure on - would have to watch in real time.
second one not completely sure of lol do you wear your chelsea scarf under or over your referee shirt

He's appealing it. Which says everything you need to know about the attitude at CFC.
How this man has made it this far without a retrospective ban is amazing. Hope they send the Soho Circus a thank you card if they win anything.
Michael Oliver's fine season continues
hes appealing it, are you serious, i hope when he loses the appeal they do him for a frivilous appeal

second one not completely sure of lol do you wear your chelsea scarf under or over your referee shirt
Who said anything about a ref shirt? ;)

I think the biggest talking point of the game has to be Gerrard putting his hand round Costas neck. Completely unacceptable... :rolleyes:

Seen the second one again and without slow-mo it doesnt look like a stamp to me although I don't know why he jumped. Should have been off for the first though.

Last edited:
Just lost his appeal.

Wonder if that means Mr M won't talk to the "media" for a while now - we can but live in hope

Back