A&H

4th red in added time

Y

Yacinho

So this happened this season in 4th division between two professional academies (Lyon vs Nice)

Score was tied 1-1, I don't know if the added time started yet, last red was OFFINABUS towards the ref somewhere in the 90th minute.

Thoughts ? :)

The Referee Store
Very good decisions, wouldn't argue with any of them myself

I think if more players saw videos like this there would be a lot more enjoyable football played and a lot less mouthing, fouling and complaining! Excellent stuff.

The man in the blue jersey sure have some balls right ?

First red = 80'
The second (dogso) is immediately consecutive to the FK
Third and fourth in added time
Down to 7 men, end of the game

If I shared this video, it's clearly not to argue about the reds, they are, I think, all spot on. I shared it because it's nice to see a ref who's able to take such decisions which lead to the end of the game in only 10mn

"fewer than 7 players" isn't it?
Has to be 6 remaining to end the game I thought

There's the FIFA guidance, then there's the Country FA guidance, then the League rules, which can all be different. In my case the league I referee on requires no fewer than 8 players.

I guess it was the same in this example. Great reffing in my opinion.

Law 3 (pg 17) states:
A match is played by two teams, each consisting of not more than eleven players, one of whom is the goalkeeper. A match may not start if either team consists of fewer than seven players.

The Interpretations and Guidelines (pg 68) state:
Although a match may not START if either team consists of fewer than seven players, the minimum number of players in a team required for a match to CONTINUE is left to the discretion of member associations. However, it is the opinion of the International F.A. Board that a match should not continue if there are fewer than seven players in either team.

Most associations stick with the seven. France may use eight at their lower levels, but I know that the Ligue1 structure is still seven.

Back