A&H

2nd Observed(coaching) match

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
Hi guys
I ve got my second this afternoon. First one was positive, dev points on position on corners, and clearer advantage shout as well as hand forward.
Today I ve got my second and both teams are one of those, they like to shout, heckle and carry on.
Had these team on separate matches so I know what to expect. I need to be firm and on top of them from kick off to final whistle.
Wish me luck, I'll update later

The Referee Store
Update
Just got a call from home team: game postponed.
I think I dodged a bullet there.
Aye, my 14 year old son didn't sleep well last night cos he had his first game this morning. U13 girls Div 1 - Big game, nerves in tatters
@Russell Jones training qualities about to be put through the ringer
8am text, game OFF. A few ounces of water in the goal mouths and centre spot :eek:
Welcome to the Refereeing Roller Coaster son :(

Last edited:
Rumour has it I get my first attempt at refereeing since 12th November on Tuesday night. Let’s see if it stays on!

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but I’ve just woken up to incredibly thick fog. Anyone got any advice for the pitch inspection? And then actually refereeing the match if it lifts a bit?

Theoretically, you should be able to see both goal posts and all 4 corner flags from any point on or on the border line of the pitch. If you can’t, suspend the game for up to 30 mins to allow it to lift. If it still doesn’t, call it.

Update
Just got a call from home team: game postponed.
I think I dodged a bullet there.
Personally getting these coached is brilliant.

I don't want a quiet game where I quietly do well.

I'd rather get something that pushes me miles out of my comfort zone, so I get really solid feedback. The more the better.

Back