A&H

2016-2017 Training Wear

Mick Begley

EFL Assistant Referee
Level 2 Referee
Hi everyone,

Just a note I ordered my new training wear last Sunday night from A & H and it was delivered on Wednesday morning, FAMOA badged it is awesome best gear I have had yet.

The quality is second to none.

Impressed is an understatement :):):)

The Referee Store
Glad to hear it. I ordered mine last night, can't wait for it to arrive. Did you order a single product or a bundle? :)

Just ordered two full 2016 kits with long sleeves that's me all done and ready, just pass the fitness test on the12th June.

Funnily enough I was just looking at the new kits! I was going to ask whether people preferred long sleeves as opposed to short, may I ask why you chose long?

I for one am super duper excited to put an order in! (soon as funds allow) ... love the look of it, love the fancy green! finally a differ to black lol

on the kit side, ill only be ordering a long sleeve shirt, don't see the point in getting another pair of shorts and socks as this is the 3rd change that they've remained the same to the eye - will keep last seasons short sleeved shirt for when the weather is exceptionally lovely too

Is it worth ordering the new kit now? I ask because my RDO indicated that A&H get a list of the new L4s (I assume after the fitness test) and do a "hugely discounted" special offer on the full kit with FAMOA badge.

Any L4/3 from last season able to confirm this? The pre-order bundle is OK I suppose, just wanted to check before I dive in.

If you aren't going to wait for the discount then you'll probably get a far better deal at sporting touch.

Is it worth ordering the new kit now? I ask because my RDO indicated that A&H get a list of the new L4s (I assume after the fitness test) and do a "hugely discounted" special offer on the full kit with FAMOA badge.

Any L4/3 from last season able to confirm this? The pre-order bundle is OK I suppose, just wanted to check before I dive in.
I've emailed A&H regarding this, they confirmed they would be doing a discount again this year on kit and training wear. However they wouldn't say how much it would be. In recent years it has been a 30% discount, but there's no guarantee it'll be that high this year! Once the second fitness tests have been run (10th July), they'll receive the list of successful candidates, which is when I believe the discount will be circulated.

Good to know, thanks. I liked the A&H offer on the new kit but I really don't need another 2 pairs of socks and spare shorts. The only value they offer really is where they do the FAMOA badging. I'll hang fire and see what comes later in the summer.

Contrib officials and above do get a big discount, but to be honest that only brings A&H back into line with other suppliers. So the new badged full kit is £61 with Sporting Touch, it's £77 with A&H. That's 26% more expensive at A&H, and I doubt the discount will be much higher than that.

A&H need to be careful or they will go the same way as Official Sports. Up to now they seem to have had a monopoly over Nike referee kits in the UK, but now that has gone they need to be competitive or referees will vote with their feet and wallets.

Reactions: DB
Do Sporting Touch provide the same full size heat transfer FAMOA badge? That's always been the A&H difference, it's the proper badging.

Sporting Touch generally do proper embroidery not heat transfer.

Yep, checked with Sporting Touch and the left-side badge is embroidered, and they can add to any garment including the training wear. Embroidery adds £6 to the order. Makes them better value than A&H at "list price" although they too have extortionate delivery charges.

Something to consider at least and good to know there is an alternative.

Just taken delivery of my new training gear, and have to agree with the OP, quality is ace!! Comfortable and actually fits a larger chap, so im rather happy!!

How "expected" is having training/warm-up gear? I've only done a couple of matches as part of a refereeing team and felt slightly out of place warming up in my normal kit - but when I'm turning up on my own to do a Sunday league match and the existence of changing rooms is uncertain, I've always thought that assuming you can get changed anywhere is a bad idea.

How "expected" is having training/warm-up gear? I've only done a couple of matches as part of a refereeing team and felt slightly out of place warming up in my normal kit - but when I'm turning up on my own to do a Sunday league match and the existence of changing rooms is uncertain, I've always thought that assuming you can get changed anywhere is a bad idea.

@GraemeS I think is pretty much expected now. You don't need all the new stuff and to spend a fortune but having a warm up shirt is pretty standard now. I am guessing when working in a team of three then its a better standard of football so dressing rooms should be the norm.

Back