A&H

2016/17

W

WAFCryan2014

How many games have you done so far in the 2016/17 season (including pre season)?
I am a Level 7 and 16
I've done 1 tournament which was 7, 15 minute games, 1 was 20 mins.
5 friendlies,
13 as AR in Open Age
28 games
In total: 46 games, (53 including tournament)
Oldest age group referee: U16s.

The Referee Store
Three, one youth, two open age both resulting in a pulled calf........out till February at least.....

In this marking season (starting March 1st), 38 Open Age Middles and 20 Open Age Lines. Of these 58, 43 are Mens and 15 Womens. Busy but very very fun and satisfying!

39 games so far this season - 24 middles and 15 lines. Got a middle tomorrow, and then a line on Tuesday. By this time last year I had already done 45 games, so in comparison this season's been a breeze!

39 games so far this season - 24 middles and 15 lines. Got a middle tomorrow, and then a line on Tuesday. By this time last year I had already done 45 games, so in comparison this season's been a breeze!
At Level 4 are you automatically put up for promotion each season?

21 Middles.
11 ARs.

Already appointes for 3 before end of Jan with supply league ar/lower div appointments yet to be done. Praying for promotion to l4 this year - denied last year on account of availability. Hopefully satisfied that this year.

contact your RDO at the local CFA and ask to be put on the list of officials for higher leagues. As a L7 you will be able to line at County and a level or two above. It's a great way of improving your refereeing as you will be able to learn and take tips from those you work with. Some will be good that you will want to repeat and some not so that you will not.

Either way working in a team is more satisfying and will give you the drive to take the next steps. It will also give you invaluable contacts and the chance to network.

The extra money, better grounds, decent changing rooms, hospitality, better organisation are also nice!

I found that my refereeing improved the day after my first AR.

contact your RDO at the local CFA and ask to be put on the list of officials for higher leagues. As a L7 you will be able to line at County and a level or two above. It's a great way of improving your refereeing as you will be able to learn and take tips from those you work with. Some will be good that you will want to repeat and some not so that you will not.

Either way working in a team is more satisfying and will give you the drive to take the next steps. It will also give you invaluable contacts and the chance to network.

The extra money, better grounds, decent changing rooms, hospitality, better organisation are also nice!

I found that my refereeing improved the day after my first AR.

Agreed, my refereeing improved so much after being an AR, get your face known at Supply League etc so when you do make step up you are a familiar face. When climbing levels keep in regular contact with AR and referee secretaries, do favors, last minute appointments to help out and favors will be returned. I found that by asking for higher leagues I was at first given Supply League U18 cup games with neutral assistants, it builds trust you can deal with a faster paced game.

How did you get into AR?
Reuben, you need to get in touch with Richard Brum. He is the Referee Secretary for the Surrey Elite Intermediate League which is the Surrey Supply League. They will utilise ARs on all of their Intermediate Division games. I don't have any contact details but others local to you may have. At least you have a name now.

21 Middles.
11 ARs.

Already appointes for 3 before end of Jan with supply league ar/lower div appointments yet to be done. Praying for promotion to l4 this year - denied last year on account of availability. Hopefully satisfied that this year.
Have you done your fitness tests?

Back