A&H

2014 FIFA World Cup

Who will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Referee Store
Yeah, he is my favourite referee, I love how he manages the game aswell :)

Yeah he has great match control even though he is the same age as a lot of the players! I do think mike dean is one of the best in the PL as well

How would you all feel if Michael Oliver was appointed FA cup final this year? I would love to see him get it but I won't be surprised if a more experienced gets it

I must say that at the start I wanted Howard, but after being at an RA meeting last night (my first one, they can only go down hill from now) I quite fancy clatts, he seemed a really nice guy but saying that I haven't met webb yet. It would be good if they both went!!!

Hull, do you think that your R.A. catered well for young referees or did it feel like a working men's club from the 70's

there is a serious side to my question though it's fairly well hidden

I must say that at the start I wanted Howard, but after being at an RA meeting last night (my first one, they can only go down hill from now) I quite fancy clatts, he seemed a really nice guy but saying that I haven't met webb yet. It would be good if they both went!!!

That's weird - last night you saw Clatts at an RA meeting and last night I saw Webb. He was a really good speaker - funny as well. I think it's safe to say that whoever goes England will have a fantastic representative.

Last edited:
Most of the members were between about 30-70 but I thought that the atmosphere was great, everyone was friendly and welcoming which was good for me because like I said it was my first meeting, I didn't know many people in there only my RDO and one or two that were on the course with me. If it wasn't held in an old police sports club which is about to be demolished because it is so old, then it would've felt very modern. ;)

There's two questions really - who will go and who should go. I think that Clattenberg deserves to go based on performance so far this season, but I cannot see anyone other than Webb going to Brazil tbh as he's not going to be usurped (yet) as England's 'star' ref despite recent poorer performances

Another thing to consider is their assistants, as they are in fixed trios. From that point of view I think that Webb has a distinct advantage as I believe that Mullarkey and Cann are much better than Child and Beck.

Another thing to consider is their assistants, as they are in fixed trios. From that point of view I think that Webb has a distinct advantage as I believe that Mullarkey and Cann are much better than Child and Beck.

When I was at the RA meeting with Clatts, he said that he could take either of the assistants if Howard wasn't going, and likewise Howard could take Clatts'. It surprised me that, like you said I thought that they were fixed.

Back