A&H

Junior/Youth Youth Cup Final - U13

Adam Dyer

Tuesday Night was the Cup finals briefing for Northants FA, completely surprised by my allocation this season! Was expecting a line or a couple of 4ths, but turns out I've been awarded a middle on the 13s cup final.

Second season in a row I've been involved in the Sixfields showpiece!

The Referee Store
My under 14s Cup final last weekend had 5 yellows and a spectator sent away! . My whistle I think has stopped working from overuse. Horrid game loud parents.

My under 14s Cup final last weekend had 5 yellows and a spectator sent away! . My whistle I think has stopped working from overuse. Horrid game loud parents.

Not surprised - its their big day out.

I posted account of Middx U16 final on here - incident packed.

Good for your confidence though, once you get through those type of games and stayed in control - which I'm sure you did!

It is a good feeling coming off a challenging game like that. All three of us had a very good game, despite what both sets of supporters were saying. If I hear in the back ref one more time I think I will scream. I think if the parents had not been so loud and opinionated the game would have have been less frantic. As the game became more tense the yellows came out, not for bad tackles but 2 for dissent 2 for time wasting and one for a sub stopping the ball going out for play. He was a bit excited and wanted his team to get on with it quickly. The bookings were all for the winning team. The winning team coach did not complain at all about a single booking at the time of each one. Surprised by that.
A fact about this U14 league. In all cup and league games only 7 cautions have been issued. I only reffed 2 games. I did 6 of the cautions.
Makes you wonder, am I too harsh? I think I am not a card happy ref, but use them when needed but maybe I am going to be that ref which youth teams say don't mess with him.

Back