A&H

Your England line up

Charlie Jones

Work Until You Don't Have To Introduce Yourself
just talking on another thread, and its made me think ... what would be your chosen England line up ... from the 26 man squad Hodgson as currently ...

for me:

Hart
Clyne, Cahill, Dier, Rose
Sterling, Wilshere, Rooney (c), Alli
Kane, Vardy

The Referee Store
there is no way Dier will play CB!

The team I would play:

Hart
Clyne - Cahill - Smalling - Rose
Dier - Wilshere
Sterling - Alli - Lallana (not really sure about this position!)
Kane
don't see the point in playing 2 strikers, especially with one out of position. you could play rooney behind kane and alli on the left but i think you're then moving alli from where he'll be most effective.

Pretty much any combination of those already listed but I'd start with Sturridge over Kane. That goal he knocked in against Sevilla showed to me that he's back on top of his sh** and his control and touch are far better than Kane's who I think will struggle when up against a top defender marking him.
Wilshere hasn't even played long enough to be on the plane for me and it horrifies me every time I see that cart horse Milner wearing an England shirt.
Hart and Smalling are both mediocre in their positions but sadly are probably the best we've got. Lallana, for me, like Kane, doesn't have the control to play at this level effectively.
I'd have definitely taken both Defoe and Andy Carroll with me too. :cool:

ouch ... Kane and Vardy both have to start ... Sturriodge is proving his weakness already! injured!

Wilshere I agree with the fitness ... but if he is match fit, then he must play

Pretty much any combination of those already listed but I'd start with Sturridge over Kane. That goal he knocked in against Sevilla showed to me that he's back on top of his sh** and his control and touch are far better than Kane's who I think will struggle when up against a top defender marking him.
Wilshere hasn't even played long enough to be on the plane for me and it horrifies me every time I see that cart horse Milner wearing an England shirt.
Hart and Smalling are both mediocre in their positions but sadly are probably the best we've got. Lallana, for me, like Kane, doesn't have the control to play at this level effectively.
I'd have definitely taken both Defoe and Andy Carroll with me too. :cool:
ive put milner in there as he, for me, has increasingly shown willingness to put himself about, and try to retain possession.... i may be wrong but theres not many others in the squad that really do that as such
sturridge i think has injured himself according to what i heard on the radio this morning

ive put milner in there as he, for me, has increasingly shown willingness to put himself about, and try to retain possession.... i may be wrong but theres not many others in the squad that really do that as such
sturridge i think has injured himself according to what i heard on the radio this morning

Milner is the sort of player you bring on with 20 mins left if you're winning and need to try and close a game out. His attacking ability is severly limited. He's not quick, can't dribble and his passing is generally square.
Bugger about Sturridge!! :(

I'd also pick Andros Townsend to start ahead of Lallana or Barkley. :cool:

Milner is the sort of player you bring on with 20 mins left if you're winning and need to try and close a game out. His attacking ability is severly limited. He's not quick, can't dribble and his passing is generally square.
Bugger about Sturridge!! :(

I'd also pick Andros Townsend to start ahead of Lallana or Barkley. :cool:
i tried to not like Barkley for ages but i think he's improved a lot
as for milner, hm maybe ive just got a soft spot for him then, sounds very much like my game right there :)
if sturridge was fit he'd be in instead of vardy for me

Milner is a very good all round player. On his game, he is probably the most creative players in the squad with his crossing :)

personally i'm quite excited about the tournament, without too many expectations this time around it could be good grounding for subsequent competitions

At least we're not as badly off as Wales, whose selection process is simply "Gareth Bale plus 10 other Welsh blokes". ;) :p

As much as it pains me, Rooney, Milner and Smalling will all start I think. There was a good f365 mail on this. Roy should stop picking players and pick to a system. Anyway, what I think Roy will do:

Hart
Clyne Cahill Smalling Rose
Milner Alli Wilshere Vardy
Rooney
Kane

It'll be a weird hybrid that converts to 4312 when Vardy goes forward. We'll be rubbish without the ball. Lots of cards playing 451 against the better sides who keep possession. Wilshere will last 40 mins and Dier will come in. Hollywood Wayne will be a static own-half no.10 spraying balls into the corner for Vardy. I'll be shouting" chase that Andy Cole" for most of our games...

Hey, that's teally disrespectful! It should be Bale, Aaron Ramsey, welsh pirlo and 8 other Welsh blokes. :)

All I know is that if we end up with a Bale running-at-Drinkwater (the only bloke in the Premiership slower than Gareth Barry) situation then we are well and truly bolloxed!! :eek:

Hart
Clyne-Smalling-Cahill-Bertrand
Dier-Wheelchair/Rooney
Lallana-Alli-Vardy
Kane

I don't think Wheelchair should be on the plane, but he is. So alongside Dier, you need a creative central midfielder. It's probably the only position I'd play Fat Wayne to be honest. Dishwater replaces Dier in event of injury, Delph can go to the Bahamas or somewhere nowhere near France please.

Sterling has simply not done enough to push out Lallana, and Dross Townsend is a terrible footballer.

My 23 (based on the current 26) would be;

Forster-Hart-Heaton

Walker-Clyne-Smalling-Stones-Cahill-Rose-Bertrand

Dier-Drinkwater-Wilshere-Alli-Lallana-Sterling-Barkley-Milner

Rooney-Rashford-Vardy-Kane-Sturridge

Delph, Townsend & Henderson (not fit) to all miss out!

Back