A&H

yeovil v port vale fa cup last night

happy whistler

Level 7 Referee
2 red cards against port vale. 1st one looks clear for dogso. what about second one - how much contact was there.
Also should Kay of port vale have received 2 yellow cards after scoring second goal - one for removing shirt and another for jumping into crowd ?

The Referee Store
Bloke scores a 30 yarder screamer, goal of his career, chucks his shirt off and celebrates with fans!!! Isn't that what football is all about!!!

Sometime referees get a sh1t stick when having to implement dem damn Laws!!! :oops:

2 red cards against port vale. 1st one looks clear for dogso. what about second one - how much contact was there.
Also should Kay of port vale have received 2 yellow cards after scoring second goal - one for removing shirt and another for jumping into crowd ?
Havn't seen it.
On the second point, it should be one yellow card only. Both acts are part of the 'excessive celebration' which he is yellow carded for.
Another example will be if you give a foul aganst a player and he yells "that was a stupid decision" and kicks the ball away in anger. You give him one yellow card for dissent.

Why would stopping on the run up be a yellow card? Laws clearly say stopping at the end of the run up is not permitted (with good reasons behind it). I don’t see any reason for not permitting during the run up.

I get the old school way of celebrating, showing passion etc. etc. but I can see why taking shirts off was outlawed. And it has to be consistent. We can’t say you are allowed to take your shirt off if it’s the goal of your life but not for other goals. It sound silly even saying it. TBH I don’t get the urge to take one’s shirt off once one scores a goal. What if someone wants to take their shorts off and wave it around :) ?

Running into the crowed is clearly a safety issue. Like climbing a parameter fence. It doesn’t always create problems but prevention is always better than a cure. Tell them its not allowed and punish when done.

Taking them separately:
1. First clear DOGSO and since not a genuine challange for the ball - Pen & RC
2. Contact? - the reaction of the players looks like it could have been a horrible broken leg. Those challanges need to be eliminate and therefore RC.
3. As others have said, it is the same offence "excessive celebration" so only one YC.

But great refereeing.

Both reds cards, but, as much as confidence and authority is to be admired, I do not like his red card technique, its brazen, brash and (although you are entitled to argue a player guilty of SFP maybe does not deserve much), shows no respect to the player, esp the 2nd one, he seems to have card in air well out of camera shot because when he arrives on the scene its already up in the air, we can tell the player who made the tackle is being sent off but the card could easy be mistaken for being shown to number 9.......who then gets a YC flashed in his face for dissent, hardly likely to calm him down, throw a card up in someones face like that in your Sunday League game and you can easily enrage the player further, I feel a message goes with a dissent card, something like "you cant speak to me/handle me/get on my case/act like that/whatever is apt, and tell them if it continues then you are risking further sanction. AR seemed a bit static too, he should have been on his toes, alert to confrontation and proactive, rather than standing still with flag up.

Would that be the black undershorts matching the black trim at the bottom of the shorts? In which case that complies with Law 4

Back