A&H

Won the Ball ref

The Referee Store
A . But if I have to stop play it will be DFK to blue. Blue player gets kicked by red. It may be hard to sell depending on the league.

Interesting one as I had a similar but slightly different scenario yesterday that went the other way. First on this one... Good tackle. Blue is coming from an angle where red clearly should see him coming. Red continues his run at full speed and arrives late. This is a good tackle although a brutal collision.

The one I had yesterday..... Ball played down the touchline in traffic in front of benches about 5 yards in defensive half of yellow. Yellow MF running down touchline after ball looking back as ball passes in front of him. Green player running full tilt opposite direction towards yellow and the ball (note: ball was on far side of yellow player until right after ball crossed in front of him). Green player arrives at speed and 180 degree opposite angle touching ball then destroying the yellow player (shoulder to center of yellow's chest). I call the foul on green as I deemed it to be careless due to the speed, angle and complete inability of yellow to have seen or avoided the impact. Green coach was not pleased and felt any touch made the tackle fair. I'm open to thoughts and opinions on this scenario as well

Interesting one as I had a similar but slightly different scenario yesterday that went the other way. First on this one... Good tackle. Blue is coming from an angle where red clearly should see him coming. Red continues his run at full speed and arrives late. This is a good tackle although a brutal collision.

The one I had yesterday..... Ball played down the touchline in traffic in front of benches about 5 yards in defensive half of yellow. Yellow MF running down touchline after ball looking back as ball passes in front of him. Green player running full tilt opposite direction towards yellow and the ball (note: ball was on far side of yellow player until right after ball crossed in front of him). Green player arrives at speed and 180 degree opposite angle touching ball then destroying the yellow player (shoulder to center of yellow's chest). I call the foul on green as I deemed it to be careless due to the speed, angle and complete inability of yellow to have seen or avoided the impact. Green coach was not pleased and felt any touch made the tackle fair. I'm open to thoughts and opinions on this scenario as well
Tough one there. The tendency is to award a free kick to the player who comes off second best. All players must be careful and that is pretty simple. Green player could have been careful but he wasn't (by choice) and your assessment of it fair enough. BUT... does lack of awareness, or inability to be aware, negate a player's duty to be careful? Yellow player is running at full speed and not looking or knowing what he is running towards. For me, yellow is equally as careless as green, given green got to the ball first, I'll will consider yellow as the 'offender'. To make my point clearer, what if greern was simply standing there (not running) and kicks the ball? Obviously his action will not be considered careless anymore but yellow's exact same actions will be considered careless.

This would get a standing ovation at most grounds by the kickers supporters, fans still love an old fashioned agricultural tackle. Ref would get grief if he firstly went the other way and secondly actioned any card.

A and a OBE for a fantastic tackle, something we dont see anymore

Agree with the other post, if I was giving anything, it b a fk to blue

Depending on what had previously happened in the game, either A or B against Red for the reckless late tackle!
Blue does not commit an offence, as red never had the ball before hand.

Back