A&H

"women don't know the offside rule"

The Referee Store
I have been to see two fa cup women's final's with women being the referee and assistants and sian was the fourth official of one so i think that she has done very well to become an assistant in the premier league. But i think they all did a very good and i did not spot any major mistakes that they made in the two fa cup finals that i went to watch

Pure sexism. I like Sian very much and I think she's a very capable AR. I'm disappointed to see that the old guard aren't as welcoming to her. It's a tough road to go alone but I think she knew that coming in. Still, no excuse.

Why dont you think she should be in the PL ? I think its great and good on her about time we saw abit of totty in the PL :p lol.

Thats a big statement Lewys. Man or woman , if you have the badge stand up to the plate and take any appointment that is given to you. I think Sian is very good. If she wasn't good enough she wouldn't be there. Is she not a fellow referee by the way ???????

Of course she is a fellow referee and has done something right to get to where she is

Ok, maybe I should alter that statement. Its not a personnal attack on her, simply the way that she has been promoted there. I think that it would be very naive of anybody to think that she has taken exactly the same route as any other PL assistant to the top. I'm not saying that she is a sack of sh*t and should not be there, I', simply saying, that if she was not a woman, then I doubt that she would have got to where she is as quickly. I suppose its a form of 'positive sexism'. I just don't see it fair that you have men on the panel who have worked very hard for a long time to get there, when Sian, a woman, shows potential of a god official, and is promoted much much quicker than any of her male colleagues.

In the same way, I don't think women should be allowed to officiate in the professional men's game anyway, not when women are not allowed to play. I know the flip side is that men are allowed to referee women, but in an ideal world, I wouldn't have that either.

And yes, of course she is a fellow referee, and if it came to an argument where it was her, as a referee against some other issue etc, then obviously I would support her. I am just against the process by which she has reached where she is, wich is obviously through no fault of her own.

I understand where your coming from mate it does appear she has been fast-tracked somewhat simply to show females thats its possible to officiate a thte top level

Back