A&H

Wild card for Champion League thought?

Kref

Sounds like a bad idea in my opinion just a chance for Big 6 to continue their domination.

The Referee Store
horrendous idea. that fans of all top sides throughout europe oppose this tells you all you need to know

fans would be better off running football than those that are currently doing so

horrendous idea. that fans of all top sides throughout europe oppose this tells you all you need to know

fans would be better off running football than those that are currently doing so
When you watch the clip its says that at the next meeting next tuesday its likely to go through as the exco never say no to something that is put in front of them. Would appear fans don't matter anymore and its just money

When you watch the clip its says that at the next meeting next tuesday its likely to go through as the exco never say no to something that is put in front of them. Would appear fans don't matter anymore and its just money

unfortunately fans haven't mattered for a very long time, long journeys with no public transport, games changed at short notice for tv, ticket prices etc etc etc etc...

unfortunately fans haven't mattered for a very long time, long journeys with no public transport, games changed at short notice for tv, ticket prices etc etc etc etc...
I agree with you there. In my opinion the only play see fans still mattering is non-league matches like Northern Prem Prem so like Step 5 or 6 and below, as often there the clubs won't get any tv so will rely on fans

Liverpool vs City at Wembley this weekend is a classic example of this
I wouldn't quite agree, not quite the same thing but I understand. There's plenty of transport available inc trains (on a slightly longer route) if required

Never supported a club that has got anywhere near the Champions League, but it’s basically a ‘f*ck you’ to the traditional supporters from the clubs. They absolutely don’t understand the matchday experience and won’t ever give a **** about it as long as they get 4 million Nigerians or Mexicans tuning in every other Wednesday night, and enough corporate coked-up clients paying two grand a head to have a curry at the stadium an hour before kick off.

I wouldn't quite agree, not quite the same thing but I understand. There's plenty of transport available inc trains (on a slightly longer route) if required
Not if they want to be sure of getting home that night. Allowing for potential extra time and pens could be after 18:00 before the game ends, they've then got to get out of the ground and to the tube, which can easily take an hour (possibly longer this weekend as 90% of the Metropolitan Line trains are out of service due to wheel cracks). Let's say they are on a tube towards London by 19:00, they are looking at the 20:02 from St Pancras to Sheffield getting in at 22:19 (and it has sold out in all but 1st class, as have all of the trains on that line after the game), then the last train to Manchester leaves 5 minutes later which is less than the minimum transfer time for Sheffield station. I wouldn't have much confidence of getting home.

It is a better option than the Euro Super League, but it is still fundamentally wrong. If you fail to qualify over the course of a season you aren't good enough and don't deserve to be in the competition the following season.

Reactions: es1
Not if they want to be sure of getting home that night. Allowing for potential extra time and pens could be after 18:00 before the game ends, they've then got to get out of the ground and to the tube, which can easily take an hour (possibly longer this weekend as 90% the Metropolitan Line trains are out of service due to cracks). Let's say they are on a tube towards London by 19:00, they are looking at the 20:02 from St Pancras to Sheffield getting in at 22:19 (and it has sold out in all but 1st class, as have all of the trains on that line after the game), then the last train to Manchester leaves 5 minutes later which is less than the minimum transfer time for Sheffield station. I wouldn't have much confidence of getting home.
I'm well versed in the logistics having (fortunately) attended over a dozen of these games over the last decade. At the very least this kicks off 90 mins earlier than anticipated which is a bonus. There's 100s of free coaches as an alternative

I'm well versed in the logistics having (fortunately) attended over a dozen of these games over the last decade. At the very least this kicks off 90 mins earlier than anticipated which is a bonus. There's 100s of free coaches as an alternative
Yeah, but the coaches only cater for 5,000 fans per team, and unlike the final the fans of both clubs get the majority of tickets for the semis. People can't stay over as London hotel prices will be horrendous on a bank holiday weekend, so they are forced into cars on what will be already busy bank holiday motorways.

It should have been moved to Old Trafford, keeping it at Wembley is greed ahead of spectators. Interesting how they have managed to get around the blanket ban on live televised games between 15:00 and 17:00, that is supposed to protect lower league and non-league clubs to make sure fans don't stay at home to watch the TV game, yet that has conveniently been jettisoned here.

I’m sure most fans would love to be on a dry coach

Yeah, but the coaches only cater for 5,000 fans per team, and unlike the final the fans of both clubs get the majority of tickets for the semis. People can't stay over as London hotel prices will be horrendous on a bank holiday weekend, so they are forced into cars on what will be already busy bank holiday motorways.

It should have been moved to Old Trafford, keeping it at Wembley is greed ahead of spectators. Interesting how they have managed to get around the blanket ban on live televised games between 15:00 and 17:00, that is supposed to protect lower league and non-league clubs to make sure fans don't stay at home to watch the TV game, yet that has conveniently been jettisoned here.

Yes, but an absolute none starter at the end of the day.

Had the trains been running direct from Liverpool and Manchester to London they would probably have been subject to an alcolhol ban, and also staffed by BTP.

Yeah they always are, not from leeds where I go from though happily!

Money grab. Next thing you know is that there will be only 7 guaranteed spots for the quarter finals. The last spot is given to a team with some criteria that loosely translates to "more money me".

Back