A&H

Why is it so hard to find kits in all sizes?

Arbiter

Level 3 Referee
Nike and Umbro seem to have this problem in particular (same company of course), but I have been unable to access, for the last five years, kits in my size (bordering between XS and S) in anything other than black. In Canada, of course, we wear all different colours and there is no prohibition on teams wearing black so we cannot get away with having a single kit in a single colour. I now have kits of all different models (all Umbro, but different years) just so I can have most colours.

Anyone know why it is that these kits are so hard to come by and why associations make agreements with companies who are not set up to supply the necessary products? It is incredibly frustrating.

The Referee Store
Nike and Umbro seem to have this problem in particular (same company of course), but I have been unable to access, for the last five years, kits in my size (bordering between XS and S) in anything other than black.

The way I see it, you've 4 possible choices:

1. Eat more pies.
2. Get down the gym and lift some weights with a high protein diet..
3. A combination of 1 and 2.
4. Continue to just wear black.

No don't thank me .... :D

The way I see it, you've 4 possible choices:

1. Eat more pies.
2. Get down the gym and lift some weights with a high protein diet..
3. A combination of 1 and 2.
4. Continue to just wear black.

No don't thank me .... :D

My weight is very healthy and so is my mass :p These kits are just made for people with slightly, err, different body types.

Reactions: Kes
My weight is very healthy and so is my mass :p These kits are just made for people with slightly, err, different body types.

I didn't suggest for one minute that they aren't mate. Muscle weighs more than fat and is good weight gain. It may also help you transform your "body type" from a S to an M. ;) :)

That's what I meant by mass. I just produce very lean muscle, as a rule. If you check my profile pic, you'll see me in a M shirt. I would have to gain about 80 pounds of muscle just to fill it out and that wouldn't do anything for me around the stomach.

That's what I meant by mass. I just produce very lean muscle, as a rule. If you check my profile pic, you'll see me in a M shirt. I would have to gain about 80 pounds of muscle just to fill it out and that wouldn't do anything for me around the stomach.

With respect my friend, I doubt very much you'd need between 5 and 6 stone of muscle to "fill that out". I'd guess another stone on chest and arms and you'd be amazed. Having more muscle also means you burn fat easier so ultimately you'd have no spare tyre. Someone like yourself would need to consume around 2g of protein per kg of body weight per day to gain the muscle mass required which can be tricky sometimes but not with the numerous supplements available to anyone who is committed these days. Trust me, it used to be my job to know this 5hit. ;)

Each to their own though. :)

Sorry, what I'm saying is that I'd need a spare tire to fill out the medium. The umbro stuff is incredibly boxy.

Sorry, what I'm saying is that I'd need a spare tire to fill out the medium. The umbro stuff is incredibly boxy.

Nah. With broad chest and shoulders, a waistline can't be "too slim".

Don't take my word for it - do your own research. Why not give it a go? The information is out there, you just need to convince yourself by the sounds of it. :D

Nah. With broad chest and shoulders, a waistline can't be "too slim".

Don't take my word for it - do your own research. Why not give it a go? The information is out there, you just need to convince yourself by the sounds of it. :D

The only thing I need convincing of is that a Medium will ever fit me! I've already been strength training three times a week since COVID started; working with a PRO sports scientist and it is paying dividends in arms and chest; but the shirts are still, well, massive.

I’m between an XS and S myself.
Find second hand stuff in that size is difficult to come by here. (Adidas branding)

you tried looking potentially at woman sizes?
I own one purely as its a different colour but the fit is more suited to my preference

While that's a definite option, the Umbro and Nike stuff don't come in Womens and Mens; they are all unisex products. Why associations accept deals with companies who don't produce quality is beyond me. I've been disappointed in Umbro ever since Nike took them over. This was the last passable Umbro kit I wore:

1602247003960.png

The only thing I need convincing of is that a Medium will ever fit me! I've already been strength training three times a week since COVID started; working with a PRO sports scientist and it is paying dividends in arms and chest; but the shirts are still, well, massive.

Heavier weight, fewer reps, more protein... 😉 Keep at it. 👍

While that's a definite option, the Umbro and Nike stuff don't come in Womens and Mens; they are all unisex products. Why associations accept deals with companies who don't produce quality is beyond me. I've been disappointed in Umbro ever since Nike took them over. This was the last passable Umbro kit I wore:

View attachment 4609
Fair.

what about shipping from international?

quick google and ive found multiple colours for roughly 40 cad. No idea if thats a decent price of course

Fair.

what about shipping from international?

quick google and ive found multiple colours for roughly 40 cad. No idea if thats a decent price of course

Yeah, I've tried that but the problem is that, even so, most places don't carry S in every colourway.

Back