A&H

Whistles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTattersall

I am a relatively new referee and was wondering what whistles everyone uses, currently using a cheap pea whistle provided by my local FA.

The Referee Store
I find the Fox 40 is the cheapest while being very reliable in terms of construction and durability. I have the 40 classic as well as the pearl and prefer the classic. There are some other nice whistles, but also much more expensive than the Fox 40.

Last edited:
the fox pearl is a horrible sounding whistle
Agreed! I keep it around as a spare when I have to referee a game and there are 3 fields basically side by side. That way, the players can distinguish my whistle from the other games going on in close proximity.

Ive got a couple of Fox 40 Classics, plus I had a Fox 40 mini, but didn't like it. I got the SonikBlast and whilst it took a little getting used to, its my go to whistle now.

I have used a fox 40 sharx for the last 4 years as my primary which has been a great whistle and just a touch different in pitch from most other whistles to avoid field confusion at tourneys.

I just dropped the cash on a Valkeen this season and must say. I LOVE that whistle! Definitely too pricey for someone starting out though

I have used a fox 40 sharx for the last 4 years as my primary which has been a great whistle and just a touch different in pitch from most other whistles to avoid field confusion at tourneys.

I just dropped the cash on a Valkeen this season and must say. I LOVE that whistle! Definitely too pricey for someone starting out though
great whistle but i agree too expensive for a newbie, incase refereeing isnt for them

fox40 classic with cushioned mouth guard for me.

I have a valkeen, which is an awesome whistle (bit pricey if you're just starting out), but these days I only brings that out when I'm at a venue with multiple games going on in close proximity to each other

Whatever whistle you get IMHO the best way to do it justice is to go somewhere and practice the tongue and multi peeping!

I got a knockoff Valkeen from China for $15 USD and I couldn’t be more pleased for the price. Sounds exactly like the real one, easy to vary in tone, length, and volume. I also love the flip grip technique that it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back