The Ref Stop

Whistle Collections

RonnieM

Level 7 Referee
Got the Dolfin F this morning to add to my collection of whistles and am waiting on an Acme Tornado 635 coming tomorrow. So all in, my collection looks like this - so far:

1 Dolfin F
2 Fox 40 Sonik Blast x 2
3 Cheap Valkeen Copy from Amazon.
4 Fox 40 classic
5 Acme Thunderer 58
6 Acme Tornado 635

Is there counselling available for this sort of thing if I get in too deep?

The Ref Stop
Was a funny bit on Football Cliches podcast a couple of weeks ago where the hosts went through the Acme website because it offers audio clips… and then discussing what “type” of match it made them think of.

Valkeen(s) here, two or three Fox 40 Classics shoved in the kit bag as always seem to end up with new ones every so often from various meetings, gifts in kit orders, etc.

Actually thought my upstairs neighbour was at work so took the liberty of comparing the whistles in the house, but she isn't....

She must think I am some kind of mad raver wearing headphones.

Sakes!
🙄🙄🙄

Winner gets an appointment more than a week in advance
The absolute dream… ALL IN!

In the last 20 minutes received two emails and a text asking what I’m doing at 2pm this Sunday.

“Sat in the local with a Camden Pale and tickets for the meat draw, same as ever, cheers for asking” 🍻
😂

Back on topic… anyone whose ever used a coloured fox 40, ever had it mentioned? I had one numpty point out a blue one I used once (home team played in blue). I just told him black ones were sold out at the time. Talk about grasping at straws, but it did stick in my brain for a while.

Now: lanyard, finger grip, handheld..?

Now: lanyard, finger grip, handheld..?
For anyone who has never tried, I’d encourage trying the help whistle. I thought this was a nurse idea, having always used a wrist lanyard, but decided to give it a try after hearing other support it and seeing many pro refs do it. Tommy’s surprise I really liked it. I do it with two whistles clipped together.

I found myself buying a safety whistle for erm water sports the other day. The irony was not lost on me. It was a bit weird when my instructor explained that a whistle is the kiresurfer’s #1 safety signal and I tried to get across that he was preaching to the converted!

I’m on my third Valkeen now. In cold temps I accidentally bite and split the little f******

Back