A&H

Whistle, cards and kit?

micky2001

My brother was at a game today where the referee did not show up so the both teams just left the ground after the 30 minute guidelines given.

Hypothetically if I was there and the League gave me permission to referee, would I be able to do so without a whistle, cards and kit or is there anything in the LOTG which prohibits this?

It may be harder for match control as the whistle is rather important. I would still use sanctions e.g. yellow and reds but wouldn't be able to show anything obviously, like they did waaaaaay back in the olden days.

The Referee Store
League rules probably state that if the referee does not arrive, then both teams will agree on a substitute referee, which for that match would have the powers and duties of a referee. Therefore, as long as agreed by the coaches of the teams, I think you would be able to referee the game. Obviously, you would need a whistle :)eek:), but you would not need a kit or cards. You could still issue sanctions without them, however it would help if you had some!!

Teams who do not always get refs will usually have access to the basics; a) oldest whistle in the world with more spit and bacteria in it than Russell brands underwear. B) tatty old flags made from corner flags and sticks. :D

Apologies for the over graphic Russell brand reference.

Back