A&H

Where are these appointments?

Milks101

RefChat Addict
Level 3 Referee
Hi all,

New L4 here, when do the August fixtures come out? We’re less than a week away from August and I’m itching to get started!

Cheers,

Milks

The Referee Store
Hi all,

New L4 here, when do the August fixtures come out? We’re less than a week away from August and I’m itching to get started!

Cheers,

Milks
They'll be coming. Dont worry. I am much the same as you. My boss is hounding me for shift swaps that I cant agree until fixtures drop. Not all leagues are starting next Saturday though either

The first set of FA fixtures came out though. I’m guessing the leagues’ should follow suit. But yes I can’t wait either

I hope you’re calling games off on rock hard pitches if it won’t take a stud... just like we get in winter lol 😂

They'll be coming. Dont worry. I am much the same as you. My boss is hounding me for shift swaps that I cant agree until fixtures drop. Not all leagues are starting next Saturday though either
Same here, need to make sure I don’t get bumped for shift swaps. But I can protect my days off when I know

So if a player turns up with unsuitable footwear do you allow him to play? 🧐
As little to the OP has to do with this... a dry hard pitch is a different beast to an icy pitch. The danger from an icy pitch is that the stud will get stuck but the ground wont break causing a twist of an ankle or similar injury. Also it can be slippy leading to other potential injuries to player and or opponent.
The danger from a dry hard pitch is it might hurt a little more when u hit the deck which is not a safety risk in my view.
In respect of footwear - nothing in lotg says there must be studs. In fact it literally just says footwear. So providing it isnt dangerous to the player or opponents then it is all iootr. If the player is wearing "astro-turf" style boots then thats his choice. Fwiw on hard pitches I wear them myself. Id look a bit of a pr**k if I told a player he couldnt wear them though.

Anyway... those appointments? Hopefully we'll get them soon.

As little to the OP has to do with this... a dry hard pitch is a different beast to an icy pitch. The danger from an icy pitch is that the stud will get stuck but the ground wont break causing a twist of an ankle or similar injury. Also it can be slippy leading to other potential injuries to player and or opponent.
The danger from a dry hard pitch is it might hurt a little more when u hit the deck which is not a safety risk in my view.
In respect of footwear - nothing in lotg says there must be studs. In fact it literally just says footwear. So providing it isnt dangerous to the player or opponents then it is all iootr. If the player is wearing "astro-turf" style boots then thats his choice. Fwiw on hard pitches I wear them myself. Id look a bit of a pr**k if I told a player he couldnt wear them though.

Anyway... those appointments? Hopefully we'll get them soon.
Chiill ye beans James.... It was a question that a new ref may want information on from a leaned L4.... Now, back in ye box!! Love Island is on in a bit!!!

Chiill ye beans James.... It was a question that a new ref may want information on from a leaned L4.... Now, back in ye box!! Love Island is on in a bit!!!
I just fail to see what postponing games on hard pitches or suitable and unsuitable footwear has to do with when the appointments are due to be released, that's all. I am 99.9% certain that had he wanted info on those topics the OP would not have titled the thread "Where are these appointments?".

I hope you’re calling games off on rock hard pitches if it won’t take a stud... just like we get in winter lol 😂

Just use firm ground boots, that's what they're designed for. Though, nothing says you can't use the soft ground variants, but it does apparently void your warranty. :p

Edit:

The first set of FA fixtures came out though. I’m guessing the leagues’ should follow suit. But yes I can’t wait either

Wish my fixtures would come through. All I know is we may or may not be kicking off on the 18th August... I'm eager to get back out there...

Hi all,

Cheers,

Milks

The Yorkshire supply league fixtures start 11th Aug.

As @ES said we saw Chris Kaye last night and he had finished his Contrib appointments, so was passing them over to the Supply League officers. They will doing this weekend, so expect them next week.

Given previous history, there is a shortage of L4 at the start of the season, so you will be used - you just have to wait.

The Yorkshire supply league fixtures start 11th Aug.

As @ES said we saw Chris Kaye last night and he had finished his Contrib appointments, so was passing them over to the Supply League officers. They will doing this weekend, so expect them next week.

Given previous history, there is a shortage of L4 at the start of the season, so you will be used - you just have to wait.
Normally get supply league a few days after contribs published so when the first batch come in dont be disheartened to see no middles, they are usually published a few days later - so dont go closing any dates thinking you've got a free weekend. They dont exist anymore.

I'm happy :)

Three Contrib lines, two of which are at Step 3 which will be a new experience for me. One Supply middle ... judging from the fact that there's 380 league games and 58 L4's in the pool, one per month will be about par for the course!

Back