A&H

Whats up with different pay per match? Frankly at the moment it looks further south you go better pay.

1600 miles over 25 games. 64 miles average, so 32 odd miles each way on average. That does include my lines which bring the average down considerably to the 60 quid fee games.

The Referee Store
to be fair my last game was 60 miles away and it took nearly two hours each way, though typically i didnt drive. scarborough is a right ball ache to get to! that said it's the exception to the rule and generally i'm not going far, tonight is 15/20 mins max
We’re quite spread out here. To put it in context the longest trip that a club has to make in the Step 5 league is 190 mile round trip (Portland to Horndean) and the longest they could have to make, taking into account league cup is a 220 mile round trip (Portland to Fleet).

• Wow
Reactions: es1
Step 7 down here is currently £34 + 34p a mile but with a cap at £45.

Never used to be a cap on the fee but that meant we ended up with the same refs doing the same sides over and over.

The difficulty with Cornwall is how spread out the sides can be. Tomorrow I have a 64 mile round trip. Last week was 54 miles.

I did 3-4 games in Bristol a few years back as a level 7 and it was a flat fee if £30 but the furthest I travelled was a few miles (took 30mins though!!).

As @JamesL says, Step 6 & 5 are a flat fee of £60/£40 for R and AR but the distances can vary so much.
I’ve done some lines where it’s taken me 10-15mins to get to the ground and I’ve also had some 2-2.5 hour round trips!

82 mile round trip for me tomorrow, woo. Not the furthest I've gone this season. Fortunately, no cap on mileage claims, so...

Back