A&H

What's the most cautions you've given in a game without reckless tackles?

RobOda

RefChat Addict
Level 3 Referee
Just wondering, since I had an odd game today and noticed this when I was entering the cautions for my records;

No cautions at all for foul tackles, SPA or anything of the sort. No dismissals either, so no SFP. (No card for the other USB offences either)

Yet, I pulled the yellow card out four times.

I think it is the highest amount of cautions I've managed in a game without a caution via foul tackle. Just an oddity. I've been looking back over the seasons and I don't think I've quite done that before.

The Referee Store
Had a game last month with four cautions, one for the home team for failing to respect the required distance and three for the away team for delaying the restart of play.

I had 4 yellow and a red without one being a tackle.
The red was for a racist comment. The 4 yellows were simulation, time wasting and dissent.
Racist comment was a shock to me. About 3 to 4 years back now. Under 15 Cup final. Player made a comment to a player as he jogged by him. Thing is, I was a couple yards away myself. I was initially stunned. Play continued for a couple seconds and ball went out for a throw. At this point I stopped play from restarting quickly at the throw, took a second to compose myself and called player over. Took name and issued straight red. Cue confused players/managers/fans alike.
After player sent off (dressing room opposite side to dugouts), went to 4th official and explained situation and asked if he could write down exactly what I said so that we had a record of it, and to manage the benches if questioned.

Observer present at the game said I was calm and done very well in that situation.

Seven today, but I'm sure I recall a sunday with a few more - I think it was nine.

I had 3 yellow cards in an u15s game, all dissent/verbals.

First one was an away player who didn't like a throw in decision given by his own team's CAR (which I agreed with), so he picked up the ball and aggressively threw it to the ground from head height. 5 minutes later, delayed a throw in as one of his team mates had too much to say from himself, called him over for a chat, as he walked away he said to a team mate "this ref is a joke", at which point a few of his team mates said to him something along the lines of "talked yourself in trouble you idiot" as I called him back. 2nd half, home team player obviously didn't get the memo that I wasn't in the mood for taking crap and decided to mouth off and launch the ball down the pitch in protest at a penalty decision.

Just wondering, since I had an odd game today and noticed this when I was entering the cautions for my records;

No cautions at all for foul tackles, SPA or anything of the sort. No dismissals either, so no SFP. (No card for the other USB offences either)

Yet, I pulled the yellow card out four times.

I think it is the highest amount of cautions I've managed in a game without a caution via foul tackle. Just an oddity. I've been looking back over the seasons and I don't think I've quite done that before.
If you are after odd patters, Cup final, four dissent caution to one team in the first half (pre sin bin). This team was known for dissent in the league. No other cautions in the first half. Only one reckless challenge caution to the opposition in second half. Game went to extra time. No cautions in extra time.
Team with 4 dissent cautions won the game 1-0.

I later heard the talk in the dressing room at half time was, get out of his ears and concentrate on the game.

I also remember having a game with 5 cautions and all being different caution codes. It stood out when I was completing the team sheet after the game. I don't remember what the codes were though.

I also remember having a game with 5 cautions and all being different caution codes. It stood out when I was completing the team sheet after the game. I don't remember what the codes were though.

Is the holy grail of refereeing to get a game done with all 7 codes used? :D

Though, I can't ever see that happening, very unusual to get FOP offences, let alone both in one match (C6 and C7 for me)

What's the most anyone else has had?

Not my game, but yesterday there was a firecracker of a game;

12 yellows - 3 second bookings,
1 straight red.
3 penalties.

So 4 players sent off.

I didn't get to see the game as I was refereeing elsewhere, but I REALLY would have LOVED to watch that one, sounds like a busy afternoon for the referee.

Back