A&H

What???

The Referee Store
I’m a bit of a boffin with football I have far to much stored in my head from about 1995 onwards, if I was the ref in question and had a flick through the team sheet pre-match & noticed the name Sanchez Watt it would have stood out to me.

Never fails to surprise you this refereeing lark, always something isn’t there.

the referee obviously didnt read the team sheets before the game, bit off a school boy error to be honest

I sent off a Jonny Wilkinson but there was no error on my part, i even checked the team sheet at half time just to make sure on the first yellow and he then obliged in the second have as I 'converted' it to a full set for AA!!

I gave a Watt his first senior caution...he went on to score winner v Barca.....and now works in Greggs.....well, kinda

I did caution two players with the same name once. Youth game, no teamsheets - 2nd player convinced me he was genuine, they said it happened 'All the time' - as if the pair of them got booked every week!

I was on the point of the yellow red shuffle when I twigged had two different first names.........bloody twins!

Def not. The guy bleeds green blood

Its a sad case football wise. Walking round Asda Coatbridge in full Celtic gear day after scoring against Barca is, well...not smart

I know we can change a decision if play hasn’t restarted, but can we change the colour of a card?

Genuine question as I’ve never had something like this happen in one of my games before

I know we can change a decision if play hasn’t restarted, but can we change the colour of a card?

Genuine question as I’ve never had something like this happen in one of my games before

I'd say the colour of the card is a decision that can be changed. I've only ever seen it happen once though, and that was a case of mistaken identity, so the referee rescinded the red card he had shown.

I'd say the colour of the card is a decision that can be changed. I've only ever seen it happen once though, and that was a case of mistaken identity, so the referee rescinded the red card he had shown.

Seem to recall it happening last year in an Arsenal Champs' League match - it was either red to yellow or yellow to red. Think it was a DOGSO committed by Koscienly.

I can remember at least two incidents within the last couple of years in England alone, where a referee has brought out a yellow card with the obvious intent of issuing it, only to then change his mind and give a red instead. Although this is technically allowable, in both cases the referees in question came in for some criticism.

One was just a couple of weeks ago and was discussed at length on here, when Anthony Taylor sent off Fabian Delph.

Fabian Delph red card

It is of course, more than a little ironic to have Graham Poll criticising another referee for "poor practice" in using cards.

Abdn v hearts also.....ref gave yellow then red for a tackle..
Only to go bk to the offside flag then rescinded the cards..

Back