A&H

What would you do?

The Referee Store
Personally I would have carded him. From the looks of the video, there appears to have been no interaction between the two prior to the water being poured and after doing it it looked like he was just going to walk off. Maybe I am old fashioned and obviously not a football pundit but is seemed disrespectful to me. Don't think you could red card him though (it still constitutes an assault - but not excessive use of force), so I would yellow for dissent/bringing the game into disrepute. I would also get changed quickly after the game, put on my scream mask and do his car tyres.:D

Reactions: SM
It is hard to say, Did Lee Probert have some banter with him during the game? Was there a comment made buy either before it happened? We don't know for sure.

I know Lee has a great sense of humour, either last season or the season before he got floored in a tackle and whilst getting treatment jokingly showed a red card to the player. So he would brush it off with a smile. But on a Sunday morning match its a bit different. I personally would have to judge it on its merits if I had been having some banter with the teams and players I would brush it of with a smile like Lee did, but on the other hand if it was a fired up game where players are moaning like hell I would almost certainly act on it with a card.

Back