• Refereeing

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
Being in the middle or running the line?

I once got told that id make a better assistant than a referee, so just after your thoughts.

In all honesty, i think i prefer being an assistant, i think its a harder task than being in the middle

Anyone else?

The Referee Store
I actually enjoy running the line more - with that in mind though, you prolly get more [constant] stick on the line that in the middle as you are easily accessible to spectators - but i think it is more enjoyable.

well as I've never run the line (as a neutral) i can't comment, however I would love the opportunity this season. so fingers crossed for a semi-final

As much as I can like running the line. The middle is the only place for me, I just get the buzz when i'm there with neutrals and I don't think i'd give that up to take a flag in my hand i'm afraid.
Here's hoping my career in the middle goes somewhere in that case!

I prefer to be the Assistant Referee but it's because I've had more experience at a high level on the line than I have in the middle so I'm a bit better at it. I'm ahead of the class in my AR duties (I'm at the "Regional Level" officially but I'm performing consistently at the "Provincial Level" as an AR) so I need to improve my work in the middle to get promotion in a few years.

Back