A&H

What do we think of this guy?

The Referee Store
1st action :
No foul from the keeper. The striker is the one charging, he's only going down because he's so much lighter than the GK.
BUT, it's a head injury, so the ref has to stop the time, especially at that age, and he has plenty of time to do so before the goal is scored.
He doesn't deal with the coach "what do you want me to do, I'm not a doctor !", yes, so what was he gonna do 10sec earlier anyway ?

2nd action :
I don't quite see what the GK have done, but the two whites players clearly deserve a yellow as well

3rd action :
Red card is good I think
Maybe a yellow for the push of white 10

The first incident doesn't look like a foul(cant tell if an elbow was used from video) although he possibly should of stopped as it was a head injury.

The second incident should of been a red card as he clearly swings at the player. Also a couple of yellows for the two players in white. The ball was in play so a penalty should of been given?

The third incident spot on in my opinion to send him off

A few mistakes made but definitely hasn't lost control as the video title suggests

I agree about the first challenge, I don't see anything wrong with it from the video - got to ask: why on earth would a sane man run into a goal keeper who is built like a brick outhouse? Your little angel got hurt? Teach him the self perspiration instincts not to run into goal keepers built like brick out houses! That coach mouthing after the goal is gone - see ya.

The second challenge - I have no idea what is going on there? Cant see anything bad happen? The ref gives a drop ball?? what on earth is going on??

The final challenge - the game seems to be bubbling over from what we see. That push when the ball is out of play is earning a severe talking to or a caution. The inevitable reckless challenge that follows - meh, nailed on caution, don't think from the video it is a red card. Doesn't follow through, his feet are low, not a good challenge, but its not really a lunge or excessive force, looks like his knee that trips him in the end? again that is from the video. Ref reacts to the theatrics and the shouts possibly. Anyway, its a foul throw, what the hell kind of rubbish throw in technique is that!

Overall impression - The white team is wanting everyone sent off and seem to be playing for it. Are American fans all this incredibly lame? having to listen to the idiots in the crowd mouthing off is painful.... oh ref show more authority (in sending off my little boys opponents). Shesh.

Did the ref lose control? lol only 3 challenges shown. Who knows.

Last edited:
Referee conceded control of this match when he let a coach come onto the field of play for no reason other than to berate him and he meekly ran away.

Referee conceded control of this match when he let a coach come onto the field of play for no reason other than to berate him and he meekly ran away.
I thought for a minute he had abandoned at that point

First incident - looks like he charged the keeper and came off second best, though it does look like a head injury so he probably should have stopped the game before the goal was scored.

Second incident - what happened? Perhaps a better video would have shown it but I couldn't see anything. Drop ball outside the box, where did he get that from?

Third Incident - not sure about the red, late and probably reckless at worst. Although, the scream would suggest it might have been a bad one. Foul throw in the build up anyone?

I'm with @deusex and SM. Allowing the coach to behave in the way he did is pathetic, absolutely no way a coach who spoke to me like that would remain in the game.

Don't you just love American fans? :D

First incident - no foul. At first glance I couldn't even see a head clash, so maybe the ref didn't see it either, and the player wasn't holding his head at first. The keeper didn't move a muscle, the arm was tucked into the side and only bounced out after the impact so there was no elbow. The white player is actually the one who committed the foul - he tried to flatten the keeper with no attempt to play the ball. The referee needed to deal with the coach more firmly though, that's the only real issue

Second incident - surely this is attempting to strike by the keeper? Thus a penalty kick? Even if he went with some wacky interpretation arguing that it was more aggression than an actual attempt to strike (I don't like that idea), it's an IFK anyway

Third incident, looked red to me. Came in late and hard, no attempt on the ball, trapped the leg between his own legs. It's a potential legbreaker. But I can see the claims for yellow

Here we go...

1. No foul, keeper has knocked the ball clear then the attacker runs into him. Keeper has been on the weights (or pies?) and comes off better. However, given the attacker has gone down like a sack of spuds, it's potentially a serious injury so play needs to be stopped. Referee has poor awareness of what is going on. That aside, when the coach is berating him on the field of play, the referee does nothing. Given the volume and aggresiveness of the coach, he needs to be binned. The referee then wanders off and doesn't monitor the situation.

2. The keeper swings at the attackers. Red card. Penalty. If you are going to caution the defenders for unsporting behaviour (blocking the keeper) then you would need to give an IDFK to the defence as that offence happened first !!! Good luck selling that one. Referee being more proactive, closer and using his voice to control the situation could have stopped it from happening in the first place.

3. My initial reaction made me suck in my breath... so RED. Correct decision.

Overall, the referee appears disinterested and does not take the opportunities presented to assert his authority early on. HOWEVER this is based on the limited extent of the clips shown -- for all we know these have been edited to only show the bad stuff, and the referee may have had stunning examples of officiating elsewhere within the match.

I had to stop watching. The spectators ignorance, as well as that absolute *$&@ of a manager who comes running on the pitch to berate the referee just angered me so much.

Back