A&H

Weekend Games

colindotcom

How did your matches go this weekend?

I had a very strange moment during my open aged game on Sat... Firstly (where it stemed from) I was facing play when the home number 7 fell to the floor with the home players say that the away number 8 had just booted him one... well I couldnt possibly have seen it but I "knew" he had probably done it! how I had to let play carry on....
Fast forward a few minutes I call a home player over to caution him for something he said, I ask him his name which he mumbles at me as he goes to sit down, so I ask him to stand up to which he responds "im not playing on" well I show him his yellow then ask him what hes doing "im going off" to which he stands up and walks off the pitch! Crazy.... in 8 years of football ive never seen anything like that!!

The Referee Store
Ive seen a player set up camp on the halfway line after being sent off. He eventually got moved by his manager after the threat of abandonment. He then decided to jog round the pitch, screaming at top of his voice "the referees a w****r"

Just when you think you've seen it all in football, something like these incidents crop up.
Did everything else go ok?

I had a good one today. U17.. Free kick comes in, 'keeper comes to punch it away, lands on someone, this someone wants a penalty (no chance!), I turn round to say no, to see him karate kick the 'keeper 2 foot in the air.
A touch of Mr Rooney on that one. Safe to say, the showers were warm when I got in :D.

it was a tough game hard tackles lots of moaning so I thought I had had a poor game but a bloke game to see me after the game, he was from the home club but part of the league committee and former ref and said I did well. so went away happy!

Back