A&H

WBA v Villa

Ben448844

RefChat Addict
2 points. Firstly, clear handball for the late equaliser. Secondly, something I've never seen until today and wasn't picked up by the commentators and there were no complaints from the players. WBA player takes a quick throw in from a few yards behind the line. The ball actually bounces before entering the FOP. The game continued but I'm assuming that should've been retaken/foul throw, as it bounced before entering the field of play? That's just an assumption, I don't know for sure???

The Referee Store
live, thought in gk hands, then knocked out , then accidental but ridiculous handballs it over line?! AR should call out of GK hands 9x out of 10.

Great result for us, don't care about how, what, why, 2-2, settle for that!!! Hard to call HB at match speed, he did look shifty though!!!

It would have taken a decent VAR intervention to disallow the goal (and there aren't too many of those around!).
Proposal on the table is to disallow any goal scored off the hand. Likely to make it into Law imo
Not sure the Championship will get VAR
In which case, the goal was always likely to stand as this wasn't an easy spot

Firstly, clear handball for the late equaliser.
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. If you're saying there was clear contact between ball and hand then yes - but if you're saying there was a clear and deliberate case of handling the ball then I'd say that's less obvious. Until or unless the law is changed (and the chances seem good that it will be) it is still legal to score a goal with the hand if the contact is accidental.

Great result for us, don't care about how, what, why, 2-2, settle for that!!! Hard to call HB at match speed, he did look shifty though!!!

The look said it all. He knew what he was doing and he did deliberately handle the ball. He got his hand the other side of the ball as he knew it would knock it towards the goal. It's one of them that looks completely accidental but strikers know exactly how to react in those situations.

Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. If you're saying there was clear contact between ball and hand then yes - but if you're saying there was a clear and deliberate case of handling the ball then I'd say that's less obvious. Until or unless the law is changed (and the chances seem good that it will be) it is still legal to score a goal with the hand if the contact is accidental.

I do believe it was deliberate. He deliberately deflected the ball towards the goal their imo. Strikers don't unintentionally knock the ball in the goal with their hands,they know exactly what they're doing!

Definitely deliberate and the linesman was in a great position god knows how he didn’t see it

The initial contact with the hand and chest was ok, but the contact on the ground looked deliberate. Took a few replays fir me to reach this conclusion though

Back