A&H

Watford v Spuds

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Thought Atkinson had a decent game until the last minute handball for Watford... Ticked the penalty boxes for me!!

No issue with RC either, thats a sludge challenge.... Looked a tasty game all way through!!

The Referee Store
I'm a big fan of Atkinson, but I was watching the highlights last night and thought he could do with a rest. He just seemed to consistently be a long way away from everything. The red was correct, but he had to jog from miles away to deal with it, which allowed a bit of pushing and shoving to occur. And he wasn't even in shot for the handball decision, which might explain why he couldn't give it.

Is it me or are Watford a throwback to Wimbledon back in the day. Got some decent players but they certainly are up for a scrap if required!!!

sadly i think mr atkinson is coming to the end of his time at the top, happens to every referee

Don't agree at all, he has been excellent in most games this season. Every referee has an off game every now and again.

He's only 46, so in reality not even in the older bracket of Premier League referees. Dean, East, Jones, Marriner, Moss, Scott and Swarbrick are all older, plus Friend and Mason are only a few weeks / months younger.

Back