A&H

Video Analysis - Episode 4, 3rd December

micky2001

A few discussion points in this video for you to talk about.

1) Around 7 seconds, are you giving a PK, IDFK, or play on. What cards are you giving if any.
2) What action are you taking around the incident at 25 seconds
3) Discuss the actions of the AR in advising the referee
4) Discuss the administering of the red card by the referee
5) Any other points you wish to raise.

The Referee Store
1. Nothing, play on

For the rest the assistant must have thought the attacker had made a deliberate movement, rather than just naturally landing and accidentally standing on the opponent's head. If he thought that though I can't understand why he waited so long to call the referee over, and the flag should be going up straight away.

Correct decision, the forward knows exactly what he is doing. The referee gave himself plenty of time to think about it when chatting with AR. Not sure the AR should have reenacted the incident but overall good. We don't know when the AR put up his flag, it could have been up all the way through.

Correct decision, the forward knows exactly what he is doing. The referee gave himself plenty of time to think about it when chatting with AR. Not sure the AR should have reenacted the incident but overall good. We don't know when the AR put up his flag, it could have been up all the way through.

Agreed on all points, especially the bit I have bolded.

1. Nothing, play on

For the rest the assistant must have thought the attacker had made a deliberate movement, rather than just naturally landing and accidentally standing on the opponent's head. If he thought that though I can't understand why he waited so long to call the referee over, and the flag should be going up straight away.

I think the referee has seen a flag, and initially thought it was offside.

As said previously, the only criticism is the assistant shouldn't have gestured the offence. However, the assistant showed excellent concentration and understanding of the laws in relation to SFP, where the tackle could have easily been missed at full speed. I'd say its almost text book with the exception of the gestures, and without seeing the flagging technique of the assistant.

Back