A&H

VAR - Everton vs Spurs Son “penalty”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSHudson

Level 6 Referee
Just wondering if I’m the only one who thought that was stonewall? How is that not a penalty? Mina slips but then tumbles and slides into Son, making contact and tripping him. Certainly seemed a penalty in my eyes

The Referee Store
Just wondering if I’m the only one who thought that was stonewall? How is that not a penalty? Mina slips but then tumbles and slides into Son, making contact and tripping him. Certainly seemed a penalty in my eyes
Especially when you consider the Watford penalty decision yesterday.

Seeing replay it does look nothing more than reckless. But I don't think anyone will complain about a red. Even I'd have given a red based on the end result.
Poor refereeing in getting the card out quick before changing mind.
Reminds of the challenge by an Ipswich player on Brentfords Alan Judge a few years ago. He only got a yellow but it was minimum reckless but he snapped judges leg in two places if I recall.

How is that a red card? Son gets booked and then because Gomes gets severely injured it turns into s red? That is awful refereeing
Horrible to see. And I do agree with you. In reality there will be many sending offs every game if you red carded incidents like that.

Awful advert for VAR and PGMOL.

Re-refereeing the game - over and over again!

If the Son pen is no pen, then it must be a YC for simulation.
If the Richarli DOGSO review is no RC then it must be a YC for simulation.
The Dele HB was the worst. It's like they spent 5 minutes looking for a foul by Mina to not give the pen. If it's not a pen it has to be a DFK the other way.
And changing the YC to RC embarrassing.

Just rubbish. The whole package.

Son's I don't know how it is red, it's a yellow offence. I think he was a victim of an unfortunate landing for the injury.

Delle Alli handball is as clear as you like... That has to be given surely?

Is the aim of VAR in England to make it look so bad people will demand for it to be removed?

Son's I don't know how it is red, it's a yellow offence. I think he was a victim of an unfortunate landing for the injury.

Delle Alli handball is as clear as you like... That has to be given surely?

Is the aim of VAR in England to make it look so bad people will demand for it to be removed?
Seems like they've done that already..........

And a pitchside monitor will only make it worse IMHO.

What's really needed is a re-definition of clear and obvious.

Centimetres either way with offside is not clear and obvious.
The Richarli DOGSO the ref sees clearly, don't insult us or the ref with a review. There's no clear and obvious mistake. The ref sees and decides.
The Son dive, has to be reviewed because the ref cannot see. Then VAR must get the situation right. It's a dive. It's a YC. Or it's a pen.
The Son red is a yellow card. I don't blame VAR for the RC here directly. Though I do think pre-VAR the ref is not so conscious of the "trial by video"!

Please lord no pitchside monitor. They are EVEN LESS trained for that than they are the basic VAR.

Side-effect here is that the Premier League referees are going to get an earful from the world body. It's really not working.

Poch wants pitchside review!
Noooooo

Poch is very lucky to be taking a point away from Goodison.... still on target for that magic 40 points Maurice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back