A&H

Training 4.8

Isn't he on the telly?

After a long afternoon cooking, eating and drinking to celebrate Father's Day I wasn't feeling very chipper today at work and even went as far as breaking my new rule ... I drank coffee on a training day. The snack machine also pinched my cash as I tried to buy a Twix (other chocolate bars are available) but I ignored the omen and went for a Double Decker instead ... and regretted it later when I felt queasy during training.

I arrived right on time to find Mr H (Football League ref who makes occasional appearances on the Football League Show) and Ricky had joined Steve and they were doing a high intensity session. James P had also turned up very early and was part way through his exercise. This left Paul, Neil and I to get things moving. Our warm up run was shorter as the top end of the field was occupied by a junior football club running training sessions (the kids were having fun) and the place seemed to be infested with people walking dogs. I just wish they would clear up when their pets leave little "gifts" on the field. Whenever our dog does that my wife whips out one of her never ending supply of nappy sacks (used for baby's nappies/diapers) and recovers the deposit before dropping it in the nearest bin.

We then set off on our shuttles before the main event. 6 minutes running, 3 minutes walking, 4 minutes running, 2 minutes walking, 2 minutes running, 1 minute walking, 2 minutes running, 2 minutes walking, 4 minutes running, 3 minutes walking and 6 minutes running. Now if this seems familiar to regular readers, it's because this is what we did just last Monday. I then added a little bit more work by walking 3 minutes, running for 4 minutes, walking for 2 minutes and finishing off with another 2 minute run.

We did our warm down and then it was time for home. I'll be seeing James at an AGM for our local Sunday league tomorrow while Paul is at another AGM for the league in which his son's team played last season.

Calories 1038, average heart rate 81% - proving that I'm getting fitter (I think).
Click for a larger version of the graph

1430959096615306100-7485543366600304401

The Referee Store
Back