A&H

Training 4.3

Le pant, le phew, le pant ...

With James F not turning out and James P working late it was left to Paul and I to run ourselves silly tonight. I wanted a toughish session which built on last weeks openers so I decided to go far, middle and near ... after our usual warm up of a couple of laps of the field and some shuttles.

Then starting at the goal line, we ran to the edge of the near penalty area, ran back to the start point, ran to the halfway line, ran back to the start point, ran to the far goal line and ran back to the start point. Time taken 1:55, so we had a 1 minute rest.

We repeated the same exercise again but the time has stretched to 1:57, so we still had a 1 minute rest before going through the cycle again. Now this time, the time had stretched to 2:10s so I decided we should shorten the recovery period to 50s to round up the minutes and then we went again finishing with a 2:10 run.

At this point I was out on my feet and Paul was still looking quite fresh, so we had a 3 minute rest before repeating the 4 exercise cycle again. This time, we went far and back, middle and back, finishing with near and back. Paul was stretching away from me so he added an extra near and back so he was running for the same length of time as me. This time the cycles were taking around 2:20 so I shortened the recovery periods to 40s and after 4 cycles, we had another 3 minute rest.

The final set of 4 cycles each took around 2:20 with 40s rests but the last one was 2:13. We ran far, back to the middle, far again, back to the start and then near again. Paul was stretching even further away so he did an extra middle and back to ensure he ran for the same time as me. We had a brief rest after the 3rd set of 4 cycles, jogged and walked our way around the field to cool down, stretched out and went home.

Paul had a new heart rate monitor and it said he had burned around 800 calories whereas mine said I had worked my way through 1041, average heart rate 84%. The graph below looks good and shows the exercise and recovery periods really well. Click for a larger version.

1430959096615306100-1428125663007127217

The Referee Store
Back