A&H

Top Gear

Southend-ref

Southend United Supporter
Level 6 Referee
What did you all think of Top Gear? I was shocked at just how little the police intervened, and how they effectively supported the attackers.

The Referee Store
Mmmmm, thought it all a bit bizarre to be honest.

I can't believe with the ins and outs the likes of the BBC put into the organisation of programs and the sensitive nature of the conflict it wouldn't be noticed before they set sail.

Just all seemed a bit farcical really. Like if there was that much danger and risk, why did it finish with some sort of odd joke rather than film of them being smuggled out in the dead of night a few days later.

Kind of undermined it for me.

It was an idiotic show based on an idiotic idea. Little bit funny but idiotic.

Did look genuinely scary when they got pelted with stuff.

Stopped watching top gear a few years ago. Started to become FAR too staged and unbelievable which ruined it completely for me. Became more like an acted comedy than a documentary panel show comedy type thing.

Reactions: SM
Yes I agree it is all very staged and believe the number plate was a misplaced gag. However, it was just about the best bit of telly over Chrimbo and I'll miss it when it eventually gets taken off the air by the PC Nazis. Talking of Nazis......that town they went through where tens of thousands of Nazis lived after WW2..how spooky was that?

Back