A&H

Thoughts?

The Referee Store
Who let these ****wits take over the running of the beautiful game??? Sack the lot of them and get them back pestering motorists!!

We had a referee a few years ago with suspensions through player forums gossip that he does not put red card reports in. Couldn't prove anything until we received an AR send off report without the referee report. The red card was not even recorded in the team sheet. All attempt of communications for an explanation failed. Eventually he was told through email he will not receive further appointments until he contacts the RA secretary. He did not register to referee the following year.

As said above, there are always two sides to every story.

Referees keeping the integrity of the game is paramount to the survival of the game.

Very harsh.......

It's the ban from playing (presumably all football activities) that I don't get? Unless he hasn't paid the fine? It seems a grossly long ban for a referee unless he's threatened a player or something equally ridiculous?

It's the ban from playing (presumably all football activities) that I don't get?

If it's covering playing, I can only guess that money was involved in the charge against him? Did he take a bribe for not putting a red card in etc?

Pure speculation of course.

Alternatively, he plays as well as referees? But that would be unusual?

If it's covering playing, I can only guess that money was involved in the charge against him? Did he take a bribe for not putting a red card in etc?

Pure speculation of course.

Alternatively, he plays as well as referees? But that would be unusual?
No a suspension is from all aspect of football, playing, coaching and refereeing.

As @RustyRef says, there's more to this than meets the eye. A first time offender is likely to get a warning and an offer/suggestion to accept retrospectively submitted cards. A refusal or a second time offender is likely to spend 8 weeks out of the game and a small fine. You do not get 160 days (not a normal suspension period as they are usually in multiples of 7 days) and a fine/admin fee of that size for not sending in a single caution.

Back