A&H

They think its all over - it is now!

arbitre

After 45 seasons in the middle I have decided to hang up my whistle.

I have been approached to be a match delegate, and to do both is not allowed. So as I am now 62, I think I will take up this offer. It keeps me in the game.

I will miss being in the middle though!

The Referee Store
I retired 2 years ago and thought that i'd miss it more than i have, occasionally I do have a moment and then shake my head and move on. Refereeing needed me more than i needed refereeing, the craic was generally good latterly but in the early days i felt like i was fighting a losing battle against the idiots. It was hard educating the uneducated and when personal well-being was at stake it got a bit hairy at times.45 years is fantastique service to your hobby / career. J'espère que vous avez une belle retraite.... ;)

Welcome to the dark side - observing, etc. My one regret in life was stopping refereeing when I did, but being able to help referee development allows you to give good advice back to the new referees. But I am not sure @Darius and @es1 would agree......;)

Welcome to the dark side - observing, etc. My one regret in life was stopping refereeing when I did, but being able to help referee development allows you to give good advice back to the new referees. But I am not sure @Darius and @es1 would agree......;)

es1 likes this post

:D

Back