A&H

The Face Behind The Ref

The Referee Store
Hi James, just had a read of the blog, and am looking forward to more posts to follow.

A couple of comments though:

I'm not familiar with the website u use, but the 'Be a referee' image at the top, gets hidden under your banner when I view it in my browser (Firefox) and I have to widen the window to be able to see it properly. Don't know if you can alter that, but I find it a PITA when websites do that to me.

You could do with more pictures to add some colour - I know it's early days, but if you could, populate it with a few images, being careful with the copyright. Also, the white - on-blue text is a little distracting.

In terms of content, it certainly reads as being 'from the heart' and these are often the best kind of blogs to follow, and the insight into the life of a serious referee will be interesting. As far as what you've written goes, I would perhaps try and add a little bit of humour - funny thoughts you have during the game, comments from the players/benches etc.

Otherwise, keep it up, I enjoyed the read.

Thanks! I am trying to focus mainly on the content itself at the moment, but will be making a few little adjustments with the actual appearance of the website. I agree the white-on-blue is a little hard on the eyes, I shall see to that!

With regards to the picture, it was an image found with a simple google search, I'm not sure I like it that much, so you might see that changed in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your comments though, much appreciated, and very glad you enjoyed it :)

The fact that your lady is sick of you moaning and being a crotchety old ******* hits straight home with me! Looking good so far. One piece of advice: would it be possible to have a single, solid background as opposed to the tiled photograph? I find it difficult to concentrate.

Has it got a RSS feed? If so ill add it so that any new post you make posts here automatically

The fact that your lady is sick of you moaning and being a crotchety old ******* hits straight home with me! Looking good so far. One piece of advice: would it be possible to have a single, solid background as opposed to the tiled photograph? I find it difficult to concentrate.

Haha thanks Ryan! I agree, the tiling of the pic is a bit of a nuisance and it seems it will only let me tile it across the top, down the side or all over the page. Alternatively I can have the pic up in one corner :(

Ross, I will try and sort our RSS feed later tonight :)

Back