A&H

The difference is..............

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Have just completed a tournament involving boys U18-U14 and girls U15-U13.... over 8 weeks..... nasty fouls,parents fighting, managers/coaches whinging moaning...... and that's the boys tournament.... the girls? totally different polite, sporting.... "thank you referee,please referee, no querying decisions, shaking hands.... what more could you ask for....... I was refereeing one match and one player scored an own goal and the whole team laughed and took the mickey out of the player..... all had a good laugh.....Give me girls tournament any day................

The Referee Store
Sunday I did a tournament and like you I did mainly girls. Polite coaches polite players very unstressfull. last 2 games were boys and the atmosphere with the parents is totally the opposite.

I have had corporate tournaments and a more serious girls' tournament this week.

The corporate stuff had a few niggles and ended with a load of co-workers from major companies mouthing off at each other. I hope they regret that in the Monday morning meeting.

The girls U14-16 has had nothing vicious so far... but has been physical. Quite a few players have gone down hard. I noted the emotional reaction has been tears, rather than the anger I expect from boys.

Best moment so far was one girl giving away a blatant penalty and then feigning dizziness (rolling eyes etc.) for a few minutes afterwards. Of course, it wasn't funny in the first moment, as her team mates were confused and we got the physio on. Again, the reaction I would have expected from a boy would be a Ronaldo leg clutch and roll around.

look at the age bracket also ...

go out on the Womens Premier League and then see how 'sporting' they are! lol Christ, they can give it better than some of the guys can

I find ladies/girls football to be so much easier to referee and whilst we have male coaches who give it loud when told to stop they do cos the girls wont tolerate it either.

Back