A&H

Tattoos In Football

Any facial tattoos whatsoever and you can forget about joining the UK Police Force

The Referee Store
Any facial tattoos whatsoever and you can forget about joining the UK Police Force

We are trying to eradicate the stigma of tattoos in the police, but it's a bit of a job. It'll get done in the next twenty or so years I suppose.

Give it some thought, when if ever have you seen Brian May reffing a pro league game/champ league game?
Here's another to ponder over - Natalie Aspinall had very long hair yesterday at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium for QPR v Bristol City.

She was excellent btw.

However, you're implying that if her male colleague had similar length hair on the other line, he well, wouldn't be on the other line.

Pretty easy case of discrimination for any employment lawyer I would have thought?

Here's another to ponder over - Natalie Aspinall had very long hair yesterday at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium for QPR v Bristol City.

She was excellent btw.

However, you're implying that if her male colleague had similar length hair on the other line, he well, wouldn't be on the other line.

Pretty easy case of discrimination for any employment lawyer I would have thought?
90% of Refs have little or no hair
FACT!
;)🙄

She was excellent btw.

am not implying it, am stating it as a fact.

Give me example of a heavy metal rocker style reffing the epl?

none.

as reffimg is a hobby, not a job, to the vast majority, you are not employed, have no contract etc, there is no case
Facts, and they are facts, remain, you wont be selected from this massive group of folk partaking in a hobby unless you fit the criteria.
What would be interesting is say today Micheal Oliver woke up and decided he was going to grow his hair and is aimimg for Slash or whoever as his inspiration
a- he wont
b- if his appearance was noticed to be evolving, he would be told, sort it out

wee bit different now there is a pool of employed elite officials but pre that, there was no Asda till operators. McDonalds staff or posties who were top refs
All doctors, policeman, lawyers, teachers, financial directors, business owners
All folk deemed responsible in their day job, thinking being, they will be responsible on a Sat afternoon.

none.

as reffimg is a hobby, not a job, to the vast majority, you are not employed, have no contract etc, there is no case
Facts, and they are facts, remain, you wont be selected from this massive group of folk partaking in a hobby unless you fit the criteria.
What would be interesting is say today Micheal Oliver woke up and decided he was going to grow his hair and is aimimg for Slash or whoever as his inspiration
a- he wont

wee bit different now there is a pool of employed elite officials but pre that, there was no Asda till operators. McDonalds staff or posties who were top refs
All folk deemed responsible in their day job, thinking being, they will be responsible on a Sat afternoon.
So as the EFL/PL officials ARE employed, you agree that employment law DOES apply then?

I'll answer that myself - it does, which is why the automatic retirement age had to be dropped.

I agree its hypothetical and won't happen, but in 2021 you can't legally have a position where 'Natalie' can AR in the EFL with long hair, but 'George' can't!

none.

a- he wont

Also you might upset a few posties, Asda and McDonalds staff by labelling them not 'responsible' :rolleyes:

Also you might upset a few posties, Asda and McDonalds staff by labelling them not 'responsible' :rolleyes:

its not my view that counts, its the view of the powers that be, it is they who class these jobs far down the important tree
I cant recall in, 30 year, any and I mean any, covering hundreds, of top flight match officials where i am, who had anything but a considered responsible job

its not my view that counts, its the view of the powers that be, it is they who class these jobs far down the important tree
I cant recall in, 30 year, any and I mean any, covering hundreds, of top flight match officials where i am, who had anything but a considered responsible job
You're at it again, how can a postman, for example, not be considered to have a responsible job - by anyone's criteria?

You're at it again, how can a postman, for example, not be considered to have a responsible job - by anyone's criteria?

Any examples of top flight refs whose "other" careeer is, postie
accepted its difficult to answer that today since the elite are employed as referees

Last edited:
Any examples of top flight refs whose "other" careeer is, postie
accepted its difficult to answer that today since the elite are employed as referees
We agree!;)

Tried to look up a few and very hard to find out what they did before refereeing.

Did Michael Oliver work at all for example, bearing in mind he started at 14 and his rapid thereafter?

I DID find out that Roger East used to sweep the floors at his family's company, but rose to be Sales Director.

We agree!;)

Tried to look up a few and very hard to find out what they did before refereeing.

Did Michael Oliver work at all for example, bearing in mind he started at 14 and his rapid thereafter?

I DID find out that Roger East used to sweep the floors at his family's company, but rose to be Sales Director.

let me chamge the wording from responsible, to, decision making.

hopefully thats a better choice of words

We agree!;)

He now owns the Sawmill with his brother, but yes did start at the bottom in the company.

Alot of taking about what it was like in the past etc. Going forward none of it should be relevant. Its one of the reasons there's such a lack of diversity in the PL/FL if those in power have such rigid and outdated views.

Back