A&H

Switzerland v Spain

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Just been watching the Swiss v Spain match.

Fantastic refereeing. 2 penalties, first would be seen by some as harsh as defender had back to it but his arm was flailing and it hit him.
By the way, the two penalties by Ramos were absolutely awful.

Anyway, referee (via 4th obviously before anyone picks up on that) indicates 5 additional minutes.
Within seconds of the clock ticking over, a Swiss player goes down in the area. He then "cramps up". Bear in mind Spain are in control, Swiss down to 10 men too. With Spain in possession inside their half, the referee stops play so that this Swiss forward can receive treatment for cramp which is administered by the Spanish keeper.
Before the restart, the Swiss sub him off.
Match restarts a minute plus after this.
He blows full time at 94:58. Spain had the ball deep down the right wing with winger looking to cross.
Not only did he blow 2 seconds (this is the clock on screen, considering like all of us he probably starts his watch a second or two before blowing the whistle to start the match and tv starts on the whistle so there is that 2 seconds), he does not add any time wasted for "treatment" or the sub who walked off slowly.
Referees may be the sole time judge but that is suspect there. He should be adding the time on, especially as it was him that initially stopped the game, not the players stopping for him.

The Referee Store
First on full time. Unless you were watching different broadcaster to mine, he blew on 95.01 on mine. The image is right on 5 minutes when players are still chasing the ball and the whistle hadn't gone off. Either way not an issue at all even if he blew 2 seconds early. I really don't see how you can pick on a referee for blowing 2 seconds early. Not allowing enough added time is a different matter altogether.
Screenshot_20201115-105714~2.jpg

Then handball was incorrect for me. Repeatitive argument. His hand is not above shoulder and in natural position for the action he was doing. He jumped for a header, use his arms to get height, on his way down. All good for me. The ball was hit into his arm from behind. I can even argue, by EPL interpretation of where the arm ends, the ball does not hit arm.

Screenshot_20201115-103909~2.jpg

Screenshot_20201115-104036~2.jpg

Last edited:
Back