A&H

Swansea v Brentford

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Keith Stroud should retire.
I'm sorry. He has too many bad games than good.
Sends off Rico Henry when it was a clean tackle. A throw in.
He has had another awful game.
He is too easily influenced.

The Referee Store
Somebody needs to have a word with the commentators. Repeatedly saying ‘he won the ball’ as justification for it not being a sending off

I actually think Stroud is a very good referee. The foul you're referencing actually looked way worse in real time than slow motion, which is usually the other way round. Initially, I thought yellow for reckless, but could see why the ref went red. After watching the replays, a red does seem quite harsh

When I saw the challenge live in real time I immediately thought red but seeing it again not so sure as from one angle looks like a clean tackle but from another looks like he’s out of control so can see why Stroud went red. But he must have had some help from either the 4th official or the AR as no way he could see that from his angle

There's no sugar coating it, the decision was clearly wrong but I don't think Stroud made it. He showed no urgency whatsoever when the challenge went in and then it took some time for the red to come out, my guess would be 4th official David Webb told him it was red given where it happened on the pitch. I can only assume they thought his leading leg caught the opponent, whereas it won the ball and it was his body and trailing leg that took out the opponent.

Fully expect that one will be overturned on appeal.

I know stills don't say a lot but been reading studs were up etc..
But this still makes the decision even worse.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1595792577073.jpg
    FB_IMG_1595792577073.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 40
I know stills don't say a lot but been reading studs were up etc..
But this still makes the decision even worse.

I actually think that makes it look worse than the real time video. It shows his body in a lunge type position in a straight line with a straight leg. It is also taken before his trailing leg and body clatters into the defender's standing leg.

I actually think that makes it look worse than the real time video. It shows his body in a lunge type position in a straight line with a straight leg. It is also taken before his trailing leg and body clatters into the defender's standing leg.

I agree. The speed and angle of the challenge, plus the fact his trailing leg cleans out the Swansea player makes it at best Reckless and quite possibly Excessive Force.

I have a slow mo of it but don't know how to upload as it's an mp4.

From the slow mo, there is no doubt the Swansea player gets the ball first. But it definitely seems a scuff kick, but that's irrelevant.
Rico Henry then slides in and cleanly plays the ball as you'd expect any defender to do, making no contact with the player. The collision comes when the Swansea players own momentum collides into Rico and not the other way around.

It's not the SFP decision which was the problem here, it was the appointment of KS to a play-ff semi which got my attention
I just don't get it

Plenty of SG2 referees working as VARs and fourth officials on the 10 Premier League games. The EFL should not have played playoff games on Sunday.

This challenge was a foul, and I could probably go with a caution given the speed of the challenge and how (at speed) the plant leg appeared to be collected after nicking the ball. It just wasn’t a send off to me.

One of these was worthy of a red, with the other a yellow....
Same game.
Oh dear.

Attachments

• CA9EB264-C38D-4B17-9E93-6EFEC9F603D0.jpg
    CA9EB264-C38D-4B17-9E93-6EFEC9F603D0.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 26
Just watched it now, as the ball is running free im saying to myself "dont dive in dont dive in"

I can see why a red was given, i thought it was first up.

Its only when you see the second angle hes actually in control of what hes doing.

No blame to the referee here.

I thought Kavanagh and crew called a really good game in Leg 2. The advantage on the keeper bump allowed Brentford's keeper to play a very good distribution leading to the first goal. He had another excellent advantage in the second half. The game seemed to have the right mix of flow and control. Massey-Ellis, as usual, was excellent on some close offside calls and a couple of good foul calls. If I'm that crew, I'm feeling good about the performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back