A&H

Sunday league DOGSO

The Referee Store
Tough one. Not sure he's got control of the ball though. If I was there, probs yellow.

But looking at the defender's reaction after the ref pulls a yellow, he's relieved it wasn't a red!

Not sure that is Sunday league...
This has been a development clip somewhere I have seen before. Somewhere is the view from the other side and it is an easy DOGSO. Not sure where the debate would be from...

Not sure that is Sunday league...
This has been a development clip somewhere I have seen before. Somewhere is the view from the other side and it is an easy DOGSO. Not sure where the debate would be from...
Its last nights game mate from the Liverpool Business houses Sunday league.

Its last nights game mate from the Liverpool Business houses Sunday league.
Stand corrected. Have seen a very similar clip, almost identical, quite recently too.

Played at bootle, thought I recognised the ground 😁

Red for me.

Does the defender do a little fist clench when he realises he's only been booked and not sent off? 🤣

Wins the ball, does he not? Can't be sure of that from the angle TBH. If he has won the ball, the challenge looks fair to me, but the defender's reaction is difficult to translate

With the amount its bobbling likelihood of regaining control must be a doubt at Sunday level 😉.

@Big Cat get your eyes tested or a bigger phone 😀.

Yeah, Red for me. Can’t make a case an other way. The other defender looks like he’s suggesting to the ref he was covering but he’s a good 5+ yards behind

I like that in the comments somebody has said it’s a yellow due to the new rules of ‘an attempt to play the ball below the waist’. Where do people read this stuff :D

I know this isn’t official terminology but last man comes to mind

I like that in the comments somebody has said it’s a yellow due to the new rules of ‘an attempt to play the ball below the waist’. Where do people read this stuff :D
yes trying to play the ball in the box and taking the man out is a yellow and a pen out side the pa then this is a red last man

Wins the ball, does he not? Can't be sure of that from the angle TBH. If he has won the ball, the challenge looks fair to me, but the defender's reaction is difficult to translate
I thought that too on first viewing, although with the benefit of replaying/pausing it, it's the attacker who plays the ball not the defender.

That being said... I'm not confident the attacker was getting to the ball before the goalkeeper, so I'm thinking yellow!

I suspect this is due to the original teaching around Upper body offences being red cards that is obviously the wild interpretation he has come out with

Reactions: ARF
I thought that too on first viewing, although with the benefit of replaying/pausing it, it's the attacker who plays the ball not the defender.

That being said... I'm not confident the attacker was getting to the ball before the goalkeeper, so I'm thinking yellow!
Defender definitely plays the ball. I've blown it up on my phone and I'm 100% sure.

Edit - And now having a blown up look on the replay, I think it might be the attacker 🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ARF
Back