A&H

Sugest me a good whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Moltan Valkeen is great but expensive at nearly £60 (but oh my ......)
Fox 40 classic
I have 3 differing ones as there's nothing worse than being on an open set of pitches where the refs all have the same whistle, so when the guy on he pitch next to you blows and your guys all stop .........

And yes you can get a whistle on a squeezy ball (schools use them to avoid cross contact of spit in whistles https://www.sportingbilly.com/i-p-4...MIgsi0su362QIVh5PtCh11iQVoEAQYAiABEgKPJvD_BwE )

Ooh, do they have automatic whistles that we can press a button for now? :p
As above the answer is yes :)
Here is the Fox 40 electronic version https://www.fox40world.com/index.cfm?pagePath=PRODUCTS/WHISTLES/Electronic_Whistle&id=56324 which actually produces a reasonable sound but you can't vary tone as you would with your standard whistle. Its often used by time keepers in indoor sports.

But my question was to match the capacity to the air intake of the whistle. Something like the Sonic Blast needs a big lung capacity to get the best use out of it (not necessary for a loud PEEP but a for long peeeeeeeeeeep).

Last edited:
It depends a lot about your budget. I would go with Molten valkeen, alltought it is expensive. Molten dolphin is also surprisingly good and only costs around 7€.

As above the answer is yes :)
Here is the Fox 40 electronic version https://www.fox40world.com/index.cfm?pagePath=PRODUCTS/WHISTLES/Electronic_Whistle&id=56324 which actually produces a reasonable sound but you can't vary tone as you would with your standard whistle. Its often used by time keepers in indoor sports.

But my question was to match the capacity to the air intake of the whistle. Something like the Sonic Blast needs a big lung capacity to get the best use out of it (not necessary for a loud PEEP but a for long peeeeeeeeeeep).

That is pretty cool. Knowing me I'd be pressing the button with it in the 'off' setting. :p

Reactions: one
I have more money than sense so I bought a Molten Valkeen partly because I was curious to see how a whistle could possibly be worth that much.

If I lost it, I would buy another one.
My thoughts exactly

I have more money than sense so I bought a Molten Valkeen partly because I was curious to see how a whistle could possibly be worth that much.

If I lost it, I would buy another one.

Every time I hear that whistle name mentioned Tom Cruise in that German War film 'Valkyrie' comes into my head!!! :cool:

I purchased two fox40’s prior to my first game, I took it out of packet and blew I hardly got a sound, apparantly you have to give them a short sharp blow but I haven’t really got on with them, I use the whistle they gave me on my course a £1.99 cheap thing with an old school sound to it but I wouldn’t swap it for the world, hardly have to blow and it gives off a decent sound.

It probably won’t last forever but will do me for the time being.

I purchased two fox40’s prior to my first game, I took it out of packet and blew I hardly got a sound, apparantly you have to give them a short sharp blow but I haven’t really got on with them, I use the whistle they gave me on my course a £1.99 cheap thing with an old school sound to it but I wouldn’t swap it for the world, hardly have to blow and it gives off a decent sound.

It probably won’t last forever but will do me for the time being.
fox 40s take a bit of time to learn how to blow them, there are plenty of clips on youtube, once you learn how to use it you will never go back to a pea whistle

Reactions: one
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back