A&H

Sticking badges on to a shirt

zarathustra

RefChat Addict
How do?

Now that my CFA have come a decision about what colour kit (other than black) we can wear for county cup appointments, and confirmed that individual leagues/competitions can't stop referees from wearing a colour other than black (except for when working in a team of three/four) I have decided to invest in two "barely volt" shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve).

Hopefully the CFA will stick with yellow as their colour of choice for more than 1 season, but, in an attempt to save a bit of money I don't want to have to stitch my county badge onto my shirts.

My first idea to get around this was to use Velcro, but it seems nigh on impossible to get pieces of Velcro that are the correct size (I want to avoid having to stitch multiple pieces of Velcro together).

Can anyone recommend either a place I can buy "large" pieces of Velcro, or something else I can use to affix my badge that won't damage the shirt, but will stay in place regardless of how sweaty/wet I get?

The Referee Store
Cheers, will get some next week.

One thing the "barely volt" shirt shows, is how see through the new shirts are.

So you can see the black styling and logo from my otherwise yellow under shirt through it.

Double sided sticky tape from Rymans (or other reputable stationary suppliers ..!) works a treat.

Back