A&H

Spectators allowed back at Steps 3-6

Justylove

RefChat Addict
Announcements today that Spectators will be allowed back at Step 3-6.

Guidelines as to the % of capacity at each step are in place, however should be a welcome boost to clubs to be able to start the season and generate income from games.

From the start of the season (with some caveats) Steps 5 and 6 can have a maximum crowd of 300, Step 4, 400 and Step 3, 600.

The Referee Store
Announcements today that Spectators will be allowed back at Step 3-6.

Guidelines as to the % of capacity at each step are in place, however should be a welcome boost to clubs to be able to start the season and generate income from games.

From the start of the season (with some caveats) Steps 5 and 6 can have a maximum crowd of 300, Step 4, 400 and Step 3, 600.

The maximum number of supporters will accommodate the expe Ted number of fans in many cases. Its a shame that for the well supported clubs they haven't used a % of capacity like they do in restaurants and shops etc, but its progress all the same

The maximum number of supporters will accommodate the expe Ted number of fans in many cases. Its a shame that for the well supported clubs they haven't used a % of capacity like they do in restaurants and shops etc, but its progress all the same
Many step 6 clubs will do well to hit the maximum. I can think of only one or two on SWPL that would get that figure ever, nevermind on a regular basis.

Many step 6 clubs will do well to hit the maximum. I can think of only one or two on SWPL that would get that figure ever, nevermind on a regular basis.
Yeah there's none at Step 5 and 6 that are getting over 300 in their ground regularly. There's a handful at steps 4 and 3 that average anywhere near the 400 and 600 respectively.

It has potential to hit the big local derby games or clubs who progress further in the FA competitions, but in general it's a 98% catch-all.

Personally I'll be happy to be operating in front of fans from this Saturday.

Personally, I’m disappointed.

With no other football available to watch, I have been taking charge charge of games on public pitches in front of crowds between 20 and 70 spectators, a new experience as normally we’d be lucky to be playing in front of one man and his dog!

Indeed, on Saturday I was Assistant ref in a pre-season friendly between a Step 5 & a Step 6 team, all behind closed doors. But on Sunday I took charge of a game between two pub teams in front of a throng of about 50 people who just so happened to be “walking their dog” for 90 minutes beside the pitch.

in all seriousnes, I’m pleased. I do think outdoor activities are fairly safe.

Of course. I was referring to the clubs from step 3-6 outlined in the original post. Some have huge followings comparatively

Personally, I’m disappointed.

With no other football available to watch, I have been taking charge charge of games on public pitches in front of crowds between 20 and 70 spectators, a new experience as normally we’d be lucky to be playing in front of one man and his dog!

Indeed, on Saturday I was Assistant ref in a pre-season friendly between a Step 5 & a Step 6 team, all behind closed doors. But on Sunday I took charge of a game between two pub teams in front of a throng of about 50 people who just so happened to be “walking their dog” for 90 minutes beside the pitch.

in all seriousnes, I’m pleased. I do think outdoor activities are fairly safe.

Done a couple of friendlies between local pub teams over the last couple of weeks and there were comfortable 75+ people there watching. No pretending to be walking their dog though, they just didn't give a **** :)

Done a couple of friendlies between local pub teams over the last couple of weeks and there were comfortable 75+ people there watching. No pretending to be walking their dog though, they just didn't give a **** :)

Yes but they aren't paying spectators so a lot different.

Back