A&H

Southend vs. Chesterfield

Southend-ref

Southend United Supporter
Level 6 Referee
Yesterday at Southend vs. Chesterfield (League 2) there were three Select Group officials. I know that they were not major officials, nor do they operate in the Premier League, but surely it's unusual to get a trio of Select Group in League 2??
The officials, btw were Robert Madley, Mark Scholes and Sian Massey

The Referee Store
I know that they were not major officials, nor do they operate in the Premier League
The officials, btw were Robert Madley, Mark Scholes and Sian Massey
Southend-ref, all three officials regularly officiate on the Premier League, so I don't understand that comment. Bobby's done a number of games in his first season, Mark's a highly regarded AR and Sian's done a number of games alongside Howard Webb this season.

All SG officials end up in FL during the season, varying from Championship to League 2. Bobby, along with Craig Pawson & Roger East, have done more FL games than the rest as they're in their first season as SG refs. All SG refs have SG AR's with them now, even when in FL

Just thought it was unusual to get three SG officials on one League 2 game, but that's normal??

Don't the SG officials have to do a compulsory number of FL games?

We've got another PL referee in Lee Mason this Saturday, but that's because we're playing Hull in the FA Cup - come on you Blues!! Will @HullRef be going?

We (Rochdale) had Mike Jones the other week vs Leeds in the FA Cup

Us referees seem to support fairly crap teams don't we! (mind you it was Southend and Rochdale who pulled off the cup upsets in round 3 - come on League 2!)

Well we (Stevenage) have got Anthony Taylor for Everton... We'll go for the upset of round for then! :p

I am going to the game, yes. However, I will not be in a seat (or the terrace) for the game. Make of that what you wish!

Back