A&H

Southampton v hopefully 2nd in league

The Referee Store
34 minutes. In what universe us Salah interfering?

Wait and see! Not!

No protests because it’s technical and players don’t know but AR2 will be red-faced.

And then Salah is actually offside before the goal! Ha!

Last edited:
I’m still on the fence when it comes to VAR, however, it’ll help eradicate the 10+ pts beezlebub fc get from ‘lucky’ decisions throughout the season, so I’m all for it on that basis alone.

I’m sure that’s their 7th offside goal this season, when OS hasn’t been given but should have. Then the penalties on top :wall:

No blame to AR on it though, very tough call and even at top level, can be forgiven for it
Exactly the kinda offside VAR should help with

I’m still on the fence when it comes to VAR, however, it’ll help eradicate the 10+ pts beezlebub fc get from ‘lucky’ decisions throughout the season, so I’m all for it on that basis alone.

I’m sure that’s their 7th offside goal this season, when OS hasn’t been given but should have. Then the penalties on top :wall:

VAR wouldn’t have disallowed that goal anyway according to sky sports

Certainly breathed a sigh of relief

Thought he was looking for it though and left his leg in for the contact, which did come

Oops Tierney plays advantage the wrong way.
It’s not been a good second half.

Missed the pen.
Called a corner wrong and reversed.
Played advantage to Saints as AR2 signals Liv foul and then brings it back.

And both ARs seem to have got offside decisions wrong.

This is rare in the prem. Not good.

VAR wouldn’t have disallowed that goal anyway according to sky sports

Interesting if not. The goal was a result of a sustained attack as a result of the offside pass. Nothing in the laws in regards to how far back you go?

I turned it on after a blitz on quotes, 20 seconds before the Egyptian Prince raced away, GRRRRRRRR I was looking forward to seeing to pain on their little faces at 1-1.....

Thought the Scousers and Tierney were very good. It was a PK but the ref had the same angle as the tv camera and it looked a good call until seen from the goal line
PT is going in the right direction imo

There's also credibility on the penalty, by the time of the foul the ball is almost in the keeper's hands and there is no way Mane is getting anywhere near the ball. Not strictly correct in law I know, but senior referees won't give those normally.

VAR wouldn't have disallowed the goal as play had gone on for too long.

Back