A&H

Sorry, Greg, could you just run that by me again, please

The Referee Store
That's simply ridiculous. What's wrong with organizing friendlies between "B" teams?

All it will do is make the gap between the richest and the rest even bigger in football.

If you care about the integrity of English football use #SayNoToLeague3 on Twitter

So if they are now making b teams, what will happen to the reserves? Weren't they already the equivalent of the new b teams?

So if they are now making b teams, what will happen to the reserves? Weren't they already the equivalent of the new b teams?
The point is that they will be allowed to play in the League. The problem is that clubs like Man City and Chelski will spend even more making sure that their second teams are at the top driving teams like Hull out of the PL and teams like Southend out of the League all together. It will make it impossible for smaller clubs like Swansea or Cardiff to get into the Premier League and the gap between the best and the rest will be horrible.

The point is that they will be allowed to play in the League. The problem is that clubs like Man City and Chelski will spend even more making sure that their second teams are at the top driving teams like Hull out of the PL and teams like Southend out of the League all together. It will make it impossible for smaller clubs like Swansea or Cardiff to get into the Premier League and the gap between the best and the rest will be horrible.

Well the idea is that the "B teams" won't be able to make it to the football league (ie they won't move up or down) they will just have their own separate league (I think anyway?)

It's an attention grabbing idea (good or bad) from a man who knows he has to do something as things are turning to poop around him. I don't think it will change anything. Encouraging young uk players to play in Europe and learn and adapt like other countries players do? come to think of it, very rarely do any uk players go abroad, regardless of level? I think that says a lot about uk football.

Back