A&H

Socks...

DAW7

Yes, the posts have reached this level.

Having gone through multiple pairs of the Nike matchfit socks (the heel gives way when putting them on) any recommendations for more durable socks?

I've got a few months out of multiple pairs doing a couple of games a week... maybe I'm an oaf but it'd be nice to have socks that lasted a little longer 🤣

The Referee Store
These 'new' grippy socks that the players like wearing...I've bought them and they're very good (so far)
Ditto. Great for blister prevention too.
Debating whether I cut the bottom of my socks off too 🤷

Reactions: es1
Ditto. Great for blister prevention too.
Debating whether I cut the bottom of my socks off too 🤷

Oh just get some black ones and wear those! No one cares...though I guess that's perhaps a little different now you're a 3.

You can get the pro versions at 30 odd quid a pair, or closer to a tenner off amazon

Oh just get some black ones and wear those! No one cares...though I guess that's perhaps a little different now you're a 3.

You can get the pro versions at 30 odd quid a pair, or closer to a tenner off amazon
I've just got some I found on Facebook. Paid 8 quid for a pair. Gain the edge. Do the job.

Reactions: es1
It won't be long, I imagine, before players/refs/clubs have the option to get socks with or without this. I'm surprised they don't already tbh

These are what I have and compression ankle socks underneath. No need for grip socks if you heel lock the laces. Stops the foot from moving in the boot/shoe/trainer
Problem is having laces long enough to do it..
If anyone wants to see what this lacing technique is.

Problem is having laces long enough to do it..
If anyone wants to see what this lacing technique is.
Agree with that one re: laces length. My local running shop showed me this a few years back and its helps. Besides I throw away the inner soles that come with the boots and use decent running ones so no slipping.

These are what I have and compression ankle socks underneath. No need for grip socks if you heel lock the laces. Stops the foot from moving in the boot/shoe/trainer
That’s great but I was merely saying you don’t have to cut up socks because there are sleeves available.

First time in quite a few years I've seen anyone selling decent stockings 💋

Last edited:
Back