A&H

Simulation from a match official?

The Referee Store
Really, really weird. It looked like the kick was deliberate, but red card (EDIT: SM has set me right! Definitely accidental). I would argue that if he did take a dive then he deserves to be relieved of his duties - but in the moment, I daresay most referees would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
What?!?!?!!!

He just cleared the ball out for a throw in? The mind boggles. I hope he got paid well for his antics because I cannot see any other justification for that behaviour.

Ref should have blown for a foul way before the clearance mind. :)

As an aside; last season I was on the line for a high profile friendly. The ball is close to my position and a fair challenge comes in with the ball flicking up from close range and cracking me right in the eye socket. Let me tell you, it was a pearler and I saw stars for a second before getting my bearings and preparing for the throw. I'm a little bit surprised the ref, who is a mate of mine, just carried in the game without seeing if I was okay.

Game goes on. Back in the changing room I asked about it. He says yeah looked like it really hurt it was really funny.

:D

Worlds apart eh?

Yeah, you're right SM. First time I saw it, it was on my mobile and the video wasn't quite working properly. It was an accident.

Regardless, any 'simulation' shouldn't make a difference here - as even if the ball missed, if it was a deliberate attempt it would be a red card.

Lol.

I did an U18 academy game today on the line - ball forward, defender and attacker shoulder to shoulder running towards me at quite a pace as ball travels to my feet out for a throw.

Players overshoot and attacker runs into me, bounces off me onto ground, I signal throw nice and calmly.

Ref asks me if I'm ok 'fine', ref takes up position. Player gets up 'what about me ref, I've just run into a brick wall'? :D

Back